Topic: ADI-2 Pro FS with external digital loop?

I hope somebody here can answer this question for me.

After reading the manual I stil have doubts it the ADI-2 Pro FS will accept an analog input that is converted to a digital signal and sent to an external digital processer and then directly back to the ADI for digital to analog conversion?

And if this is the case will the DSP act on the digital input or the converted analog input before digital out? 

Best
Henrik

2 (edited by KaiS 2020-07-30 16:26:06)

Re: ADI-2 Pro FS with external digital loop?

HS2 wrote:

... if the ADI-2 Pro FS will accept an analog input that is converted to a digital signal and sent to an external digital processer and then directly back to the ADI for digital to analog conversion?

You have to select and configure the fitting setup, e.g. "AD/DA Converter", see manual page 38.

HS2 wrote:

And if this is the case will the DSP act on the digital input or the converted analog input before digital out?

There are independent, full DSP functions on analog input and digital output.

There are no DSP functions on the digital input - or I misunderstood the question? Only the analog input has DSP capabilities added to the DA side DSP.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

4 (edited by KaiS 2020-07-30 16:27:16)

The various DSP stages and their locations are visible in the block diagrams of the different "Setups" in the manual, pages 37 to 42.