Topic: 12Mic broken after 2nd run

Today I received new 12Mic unit. I run it, plugged microphone into one of the inputs and it was working fine. I made some routing, I could listen to the plugged microphone. When I was turning gain knob or toggling phantom, obviously there was some signal present, even when nothing was connected.
I left it for few hours, run it again and voila: it doesn't take any signal from analog inputs. I mean when I go to web remote control, I see there is some noise -110dB, -120dB on all analog inputs and if I turn gain up, to 75dB, it jumps to -100 - -110dB, but it doesn't react to any input signal. When I select analog input (via button), it shows LEVEL -73.7 dBFS and it doesn't change. I tried to connect microphone, nothing. Tried line inputs, nothing. When I rotate gain knob or toggle phantom, previously it was hitting like -30 - -50dB, now nothing. I thought maybe there was some issue and it was fixed in firmware, so I found new firmware and updated (from 1.1.1 to 1.1.2), but still no difference. I tried to power off/on, press knob button when turning on for more seconds (maybe there is some hard reset function...), no change. Everything else seems to work ok. Do you have any ideas how to fix it? Otherwise I will just return it, however I wanted to use it for recordings I have in next 2 weeks...

Re: 12Mic broken after 2nd run

Hi puciak,

sorry for the inconvenience you have with your new device!
Is there a chance you could test the headphone output, using a signal supplied via MADI oder AVB?

Thanks
Marc

3 (edited by spluta 2020-11-25 21:40:18)

I have this problem. No signal coming into the pres. It worked for 10 minutes and then this happened.

As suggested I am trying to route audio via MADI to the headphones. The signal is visible on the 12mic going out to headphones, but there is no audio coming through the headphones.

Firmware is up to date.

Sam

Please contact your local distributor, they will take care of this.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thank you. I will do this.

Just for my own peace of mind. I am planning on running this 12mic in a 2U case with a UFX+. Seems like this will get warm. Should that ever be a problem? I mean, I would hope they were designed for this use case, but I want to make sure.

Zero problem once it is repaired.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Just to say that after repair this is such an incredible device. Exactly what our studio needed. So flexible and useful in so many setups. If there ever is remote control over MADI, it will be perfect.

8 (edited by ramses 2020-12-11 12:30:09)

spluta wrote:

If there ever is remote control over MADI, it will be perfect.

Fully agree, Spluta and I am glad that your issue is solved now.

As you might know already, Auxdevice support will be implemented later.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13