Topic: ADI-2 FS Win10 Driver sampling rate difference

Experts,

Really enjoying ADI-2FS paired with AKG K712 pro headphones. Applied the EQ published here

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zbect0in2bfg9 … 9.pdf?dl=0

I am using Amazon music HD and headphone output quality ( Auto ref and loudness enabled)  is simply outstanding. One detail that got me curious the manual change of sampling rate in MADI face usb driver v0.9723 from 192khz to 384khz. There is considerable difference in output quality and I can’t say which sampling rate is better. 384khz setting does seem like producing a lot sharper output quality but I don’t know if this is expected. ( I like it at 384khz and leave it there in driver settings)

Question is rather simple - what’s happening when switching between 192khz and 384khz and why does the sound seemingly has an increased sharpness at 384khz? (from documentation I gather that DA filter is auto disabled when DAC receives 384khz and above signal).

Truly superior device, overall and fantastic work.

Re: ADI-2 FS Win10 Driver sampling rate difference

Did you check that your EQ doesn't get disabled at 384 kHz? Or your Loudness or Bass/Treble settings? Easily audible differences always have a very obvious reason. Nothing audiophile at all.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Re: ADI-2 FS Win10 Driver sampling rate difference

MC

Yes, EQ, BT, Loudness are all unchanged between two sampling rates (verified in the menu items when switching back and forth). Only item that get disabled at 384khz is DA Filter. DA Filter stays on when switching from 192 to 384khz but it may just be a display thing as scrolling one item up and back to selecting DA Filter will show it as disabled.