Topic: ADI-2 DAC FS - How Many Simultaneous Input Devices Can Be Connected?

Hey all!

Thinking about purchasing an ADI-2 DAC FS...  I was wondering if I could have up to three devices connected to the various inputs at the same time (but not USE the inputs at the same time, obviously)...

Example would be:

CD player - Into ADI-2 DAC FS - Via Tosslink / Optical
Audioengine B1 - Into ADI-2 DAC FS - Via Coax
MacBook Pro - Into ADI-2 DAC FS - Via USB

If the above works - does the ADI-2 DAC FS automatically switch to the active input - or do you have to change inputs in settings?

Thanks!

Re: ADI-2 DAC FS - How Many Simultaneous Input Devices Can Be Connected?

CaptinMrgn wrote:

Hey all!

Thinking about purchasing an ADI-2 DAC FS...  I was wondering if I could have up to three devices connected to the various inputs at the same time (but not USE the inputs at the same time, obviously)...

Example would be:

If the above works - does the ADI-2 DAC FS automatically switch to the active input - or do you have to change inputs in settings?

Thanks!

You must select the input via remote

3 (edited by N00b 2020-11-04 10:19:26)

Re: ADI-2 DAC FS - How Many Simultaneous Input Devices Can Be Connected?

CaptinMrgn wrote:

Hey all!

Example would be:

[...]

Hi CaptinMargn smile
Yes you can! None of the 3 inputs are there only for decoration purpose, and hopefully you don't have to unplugged inactive sources (I have never seen that on any device in my whole life BTW...).

CaptinMrgn wrote:

[...]

Thanks!

It will if you select "Auto" into the "Source" menu (in I/O). Please note that the SPDIF inputs (Coax or Optical) will have the priority on USB...

... as it is mentionnend in the Holy Manual on page 21 (section 12.1):

The source of the analog output signal: Auto, SPDIF coax, Optical, USB, USB (Rec coax), USB (Rec opt.). Default: Auto. In Auto Mode any detected SPDIF Signal will have priority over USB playback.

http://alexandremaller.free.fr/hfr/rtfm.jpg

ADI-2 DAC (with stock PSU) - Neumann KH 310 A monitors - Cheap USB and XLR cables