Topic: ADI2-2 Pro FS inside a PC case

Hi all,

I am a happy owner of an ADI-2 Pro FS, and I was considering to install it *inside* a PC case. Leaving the front panel accessibility aside for a moment, the unit's rear analog I/O would be kept at 10cm distance from the PSU or the motherboard (ITX), and the I/O analog cables would be shrouded by a copper conduit.
The interior of the (large) case is mostly empty, with a single PCI -E interface (dedicated USB) and no GPU.

I was wondering if this unusual operating environment could interfere with the ADI, or degrade its audio quality (due to EMI on the ADI or on its I/O). I know the ADI is designed to work in pretty dense audio pro racks, but I don't know how different that EMI environment is compared to the interior of a PC.

Thank you!

Re: ADI2-2 Pro FS inside a PC case

No problem as long as you don't remove the Pro's case.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

3 (edited by HerbertWest 2021-04-02 18:24:38)

Hi MC,

Circling back - this is the end result; inside the PC/Preamp, a Digiface is handling TOSLINK I/O to other 4 channel D/A converters mounted on PCI brackets. Crossovers and room correction handled via software. Totalmix's flexibility made channel matching and routing a breeze.

I used the ADI and the digiface outside the case for 3 months, and there is zero degradation (to my hears) having them inside, although they are 20+ cm away from the motherboard. The ADI gets side cooling from ultra-low-noise fans in case the temps raise beyond 35C.

The LED light is RGB, but it usually stays off or it is color matched with the ADI screen - its function is to catch the attention of my 3-year old toddler. He knows he can turn the ADI on/off, but besides that the LED is the only knob he is allowed to use smile

ADI2Pro Preamp
(hope the image works)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RCn_d6 … sp=sharing

HerbertWest wrote:

(hope the image works)

Doesn't work... :-(

mediummanting wrote:
HerbertWest wrote:

(hope the image works)

Doesn't work... :-(

I can see it when I click.

ADI-2 DAC (with stock PSU) - Neumann KH 310 A monitors - Cheap USB and XLR cables

Yep!
Works for me, too! (Right click -> Open link in new tab)

@HerbertWest
Looking good!!

RME Gear: Digiface USB, HDSP 9632