1 (edited by scriptease 2020-11-17 09:57:09)

Topic: ADI-2 PRO as Audio Interface together with external Preamp

Hello :-)

Up to now, i have always used my ADI-2 PRO only for making music with VST plug-ins. The ASIO driver made this possible. Now i want to connect hardware synthesizers and use the ADI as A/D converter. If i understand this correctly, can i connect the ADI to other preamps via ADAT and use the connections of the preamps here? Also some interfaces can be used just as input boxes through ADAT, someone told me. Which preamps are recommended here? It is important for me not to spend so much money anymore, since the ADI does the conversion, could these also be cheap preamps? I need an advice here..

EDIT: I want to connect 2 or 3 Synths. Atm i have a Novation SUmmit Synthesizer and it is planned to buy a MC 707 which transfers Ausio over USB aswell.

Re: ADI-2 PRO as Audio Interface together with external Preamp

scriptease wrote:

Hello :-)

Up to now, i have always used my ADI-2 PRO only for making music with VST plug-ins. The ASIO driver made this possible. Now i want to connect hardware synthesizers and use the ADI as A/D converter. If i understand this correctly, can i connect the ADI to other preamps via ADAT and use the connections of the preamps here? Also some interfaces can be used just as input boxes through ADAT, someone told me. Which preamps are recommended here? It is important for me not to spend so much money anymore, since the ADI does the conversion, could these also be cheap preamps? I need an advice here..

EDIT: I want to connect 2 or 3 Synths. Atm i have a Novation SUmmit Synthesizer and it is planned to buy a MC 707 which transfers Ausio over USB aswell.

As far as I can tell the ADI only has 2 channel analog input. There for you would either need to hook each synth on its on and change cables when you change synth OR use some sort of splitter to connect say all your synth into a splitter where you select the input but only have 1 synth output at a time.

3 (edited by scriptease 2020-11-18 10:21:49)

Re: ADI-2 PRO as Audio Interface together with external Preamp

Extension via SPDIF!