Topic: No computer game audio through RME ADI-2 DAC fs, only Windows Sounds.

So, this is frustrating,

I just spent 3 hours messing with drivers and setting and bit rates and sample rates and windows audio bitrates trying to get a simple computer game to play through my RME unit. I would get windows sounds, but never any game sounds.

I finally remembered my Topping E30 that’s in the closet. I hooked it up in 30 seconds, and without touching a single setting I got flawless audio from my computer game.

Ugh.

Why would this be so tricky? The Unit is connected to the PC via usb abs I have the RME app installed abs all drivers are updated.

Thanks.

Re: No computer game audio through RME ADI-2 DAC fs, only Windows Sounds.

I don't know what game you tried, but usually all one has to do is select the DAC as Default playback audio device. Maybe also choose a sample rate that the game likes (44.1 or 48).

Alternatively you can always remove our driver completely and run the Windows included driver (on newer W10 systems).

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

I don't know what game you tried, but usually all one has to do is select the DAC as Default playback audio device. Maybe also choose a sample rate that the game likes (44.1 or 48).

Alternatively you can always remove our driver completely and run the Windows included driver (on newer W10 systems).

Thank you.  I know that some DACs are incompatible with some computer game audio because the dacs aren’t WASAPI Exclusive mode compatible.

Does the RME have issues with WASAPI exclusive mode?

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/window … de-streams

The game I’m trying with uses WASAPI exclusive mode and it’s a known issue with some other DACs.

Thanks!

WASAPI exclusive is supported.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

WASAPI exclusive is supported.

Is there a way to let WASAPI exclusive mode change the outgoing sample rate? It seems to work with the inbuilt Windows driver but not the RME driver.

Not with the RME driver. ASIO will do.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

Not with the RME driver. ASIO will do.

Thanks for the quick reply. As you say, ASIO will do!