Topic: Problems with sound output ADI-2 DAC FS

I have a strange issue in using my ADI-2 DAC FS with my Mac running Catalina.

I can not route the sound to the DAC from iTunes. The the ADI-2 DAC is not an option. 

If I click the tool bar at the top of the screen I can see and select the ADI-2 as the output I sometimes get sound for a moment then it shuts off.

In the MIDI setup I can see the ADI-2 and switch it to the output device but I still get no output.

I have restarted the computer and reset the audio system from terminal using "sudo killall coreaudiod"

Any suggestions?

2 (edited by N00b 2021-01-26 14:27:39)

Re: Problems with sound output ADI-2 DAC FS

txturbo wrote:

I have a strange issue in using my ADI-2 DAC FS with my Mac running Catalina.

I can not route the sound to the DAC from iTunes. The the ADI-2 DAC is not an option. 

If I click the tool bar at the top of the screen I can see and select the ADI-2 as the output I sometimes get sound for a moment then it shuts off.

In the MIDI setup I can see the ADI-2 and switch it to the output device but I still get no output.

I have restarted the computer and reset the audio system from terminal using "sudo killall coreaudiod"

Any suggestions?

Hi Txturbo smile

Weird issue, on my mac it was really plug and play...
Three questions:
- Have you selected USB input on the ADI-2 DAC? (If you are in automatic mode for the source, when a SPDIF source is connected and active, it will be selected over USB).
- Have you tried another USB cable?
- No bullshit device (like iFi USB filter...) between the Mac and the DAC?

ADI-2 DAC (with stock PSU) - Neumann KH 310 A monitors - Cheap USB and XLR cables