Topic: Remote issues

I have a one month old ADI-2 DAC FS (latest version with "new" remote).

In the past few days there has been an issue with the remote whereby occasionally (once in every ten or so uses) on keypress the green LED flashes at about half the speed that it should, and the DAC doesn't respond. This seems to happen after I haven't used it for a while but that could just be my imagination.

Usually if I release the button and try again it works normally, but it would be nice to know what is causing this behaviour. Surely the battery isn't running out already?

2 (edited by Curt962 2021-02-07 17:17:16)

Re: Remote issues

Medium,

Try removing the battery, and cleaning it with a soft cloth.   Perhaps a bit of residue from the insulating tape was left behind causing a problem.

Can happen!

Curt

Edit:  These batteries (CR2025) are manufactured by the millions.  Don't believe that they individually go through a scrutinous QC exam.   No big deal.  If you need?  Most Stores carry premium replacements that are quite inexpensive.    Grab a Battery, have a Drink (or three) and go back home.  It all works out!  smile

Vintage 2018 ADI-2 DAC. "Classic AKM4490 Edition"
Cables:  Red, and White Ones.
Speakers:  Yes

Curt962 wrote:

Medium,

Try removing the battery, and cleaning it with a soft cloth.   Perhaps a bit of residue from the insulating tape was left behind causing a problem.

I've just given it a clean with some isopropyl alcohol - it fixes everything else so might fix this. Let's see.

Good!

Curt962 wrote:

These batteries (CR2025) are manufactured by the millions.  Don't believe that they individually go through a scrutinous QC exam.   No big deal.  If you need?  Most Stores carry premium replacements that are quite inexpensive.    Grab a Battery, have a Drink (or three) and go back home.  It all works out!  smile

Yes I can get the replacement batteries easily - I was just wondering if one of the RME product designers knew the significance of the slow flashing light - whether it is indicative of a low battery or something else.

As you suggest it isn't the end of the world and it hasn't done it since I cleaned the battery, so happy times have resumed.

Hi Medium!

Thanks for reporting back.   I'm happy all is ok.  The Slow LED surely sounds like a Low-Battery indication.
Similar to a black screen on my Smart Phone which suggests that I need to recharge.  I can't add much further, as I have the older remote, which functioned TWO YEARS before the battery showed any signs of weakness.  So...my Wife bought the "10 Pack" of CR 2025s for me!   Good to know I have a 20yr supply on hand. wink

You're up, and remoting merrily so have fun!  Cue up some Music, and Enjoy!

Best!

Curt