Topic: Volume control for USB source and spidf out to Denon?

Greetings,

I just received my Pro FSRBE. Source is Tidal from laptop USB. Then I connect spdif cable from Pro to my Denon AVR-X3700H. When I turn the volume up/down, either 3/4 or 1/2 selected/displayed, the volume stays the same. I was trying to find different source for volume control but only see 3/4 and 1/2. Guess I miss a step somewhere?

Re: Volume control for USB source and spidf out to Denon?

When I turn the volume up/down, either 3/4 or 1/2 selected/displayed, the volume stays the same.
The volumen of what stays the same ?
The SPDIF output ?
The Denon AVR has a big volume knob, this is not working ?
There is usually no volumen control on digital connections.

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

Thank you for the quick response.

SO i guess i would need to use this cable https://d3d71ba2asa5oz.cloudfront.net/3 … -front.jpg and use the MAIN OUTPUTS 1/2 in the back in order to take advantage of Volume/EQ/Tone control?

Yes, the Denon's volume knob does work but as you stated digital has no effect on adi's volume knob. Didn't know this....Thanks.

4 (edited by waedi 2021-03-06 23:43:50)

Yes those cables are for analog audio.
Output 1/2 to the Denons input L/R.

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

5 (edited by KaiS 2021-03-07 02:09:01)

silversubie wrote:

I just received my Pro FSRBE. Source is Tidal from laptop USB. Then I connect spdif cable from Pro to my Denon AVR-X3700H. When I turn the volume up/down, either 3/4 or 1/2 selected/displayed, the volume stays the same. I was trying to find different source for volume control but only see 3/4 and 1/2. Guess I miss a step somewhere?

SETUP - Device Mode/DSD - Dig. Out Source: “Main Out”
selects the DSP/Volume for the Digital Outs.

Read manual page 36 ff, “Modi” and see the block diagrams to understand the routing options.

KaiS wrote:
silversubie wrote:

SETUP - Device Mode/DSD - Dig. Out Source: “Main Out”
selects the DSP/Volume for the Digital Outs.

Read manual page 36 ff, “Modi” and see the block diagrams to understand the routing options.

Thank you. Wow...i'm able to add some oomh/low end bass through EQ out of my Focal Aria. Exactly what I'm looking for so far...The Denon alone was lesser impact.

How do I go pass/higher than -27.5 dBr (would like to increase volume) as I notice if I go pass that the volume got reduced. Same with bass.

Thanks again.

Please disregard. I figured it out.