Topic: TM Network Remote Setting doubt

Good morning from Italy.

The “IP” field under “Options-Network Remote Settings” is blank, in my TotalMix Fx version 1.72 Mac OSX(1). 

For this reason, in order to set TotalMix Remote Host Connection Setting in my iPad, I have to go in system  preferences and check in Network settings the actual  address of my MacBook, thunderbolt connected  to my Fireface UFX+.

Of course it is not a big problem, but because there is a dedicate field in the settings window I think it would be nice if we find out the reason for witch it does not work (may be i have an in correct setting in my Mac).

Thank in advance for attention

Tonic.

Regards
Paolo Giuseppe Bassi

Re: TM Network Remote Setting doubt

And that starts with telling us your Mac version plus OS version....

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

3 (edited by Tonic De Rulo 2021-03-14 18:19:53)

....Yes sorry!

Of course I sould have done  that in my first post...

The MacBook Pro is a 16inch 2019 Intel Core i9 8 core running macOS Big Sur version 11.1

The IPad is an Air2 running iOS 14.4(18D52) TotalMix Remote for iPad 1.21

Tonic.

Regards
Paolo Giuseppe Bassi

4 (edited by Tonic De Rulo 2021-03-14 18:43:14)

Additional info:

With the the same MacBook an the same iPad, but in another location, with another network environment (at home, the previous post describe what happens at studio) and with another interface (I use a Babyface pro at home and when not at studio)  I can see the IP address in the field!

Regards
Paolo Giuseppe Bassi

Since March 8 we are on 11.2.3.

I remeber that in some weired network configs the display was indeed empty, but I have to check what that was (either multiple networks or Adhoc...).

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

Since March 8 we are on 11.2.3.

I remeber that in some weired network configs the display was indeed empty, but I have to check what that was (either multiple networks or Adhoc...).

Yes, my Mac warns me for this update. I didn’t do untill now because I was affraid it can cause problems.

If there aren’t and known issue with the update I will do it and see what happening next time I go to studio (probably next friday).

Have a nice day!

Regards
Paolo Giuseppe Bassi

Hi all!!

It's time to make an update, about this "issue"...

First I have updated my Big Sur to 11.2.3 as suggested.

At home location, with BabyFace Pro, all right, exactly as before.

At studio, with FireFace UFX+ in Thunderbolt mode, same as before: IP Field is empty.
While I was at studio I have made some more attempts: I have connected BabyFace Pro (usually I do not use it at studio, and at least never used, there, with TotalMix Remote for iPad) and here, as well, the IP field was empty!

There I start to understand that i can only be a network problem.

Because they have the same driver I have reconnected the FireFace UFX+ BUT in USB mode (witch I usually do not use) and here again the IP field was blank.

Now, at home, connecting the BabyFace Pro, the IP is shown, so that give me the proof that I have to investigate on the differences between the 2 network settings.

In an ideal world, I should try the FireFace UFX+ at home, but it is too big job to remove it from the set up.. (that's why I own a Babyface Pro too: in order the studio setup untouched and always ready to be turned on).

I will do my best trying to discover witch is the difference that generate this different behavior, and let You know, in case I will be able to understand.

Of course if some know the solution, he is the welcome!!

Regards
Paolo Giuseppe Bassi