Topic: Vanity, but how can you get the Graphic Equalizer to stay on

Hi, I did read the manual discussing the display, but cant find out to set the graphic to nit switch off after 20 seconds, ie stay on. Thank you Phil

Re: Vanity, but how can you get the Graphic Equalizer to stay on

You need to set the AutoDark setting to off, then press the VOL button on the unit until you get the equaliser on the display.

No way, sorry.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thank you, you made me happy

mediummanting wrote:

You need to set the AutoDark setting to off, then press the VOL button on the unit until you get the equaliser on the display.

Maybe its a language thing, but next time a newbie asks a stupid question write nothing. Dont waste your time throwing an empty insult

MC wrote:

No way, sorry.

6 (edited by ramses 2021-03-28 11:53:13)

philwill1971 wrote:

Maybe its a language thing, but next time a newbie asks a stupid question write nothing. Dont waste your time throwing an empty insult

MC wrote:

No way, sorry.

Sorry, but where is the insult, I can't see any ... I think there is clear misunderstanding on your side.

"No way, sorry" from the CEO and Lead Engineer of the company simply means that it can't be done. And there was even the word "sorry" to be read..

And now please look at the calendar, it's Sunday. What do you expect more than to get a clear answer from the manufacturer on a Sunday ? And this even at Corona times, where every manufacturer has to solve immense logistic problems in addition to the normal work load.

Sorry gent, but if I were you, I would apologize very quickly and politely ;-)

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

ramses wrote:
philwill1971 wrote:

MC wrote:

No way, sorry.

Sorry, but where is the insult, I can't see any ... I think there is clear misunderstanding on your side.

"No way, sorry" from the CEO and Lead Engineer of the company simply means that it can't be done. And there was even the word "sorry" to be read..

And now please look at the calendar, it's Sunday. What do you expect more than to get a clear answer from the manufacturer on a Sunday ? And this even at Corona times, where every manufacturer has to solve immense logistic problems in addition to the normal work load.

Sorry gent, but if I were you, I would apologize very quickly and politely ;-)

Absolutely agree with Ramses comment here. This is a professional and civil forum.

WY

CD Transport>optical>RME ADI-2 DAC FS(AKM)>XLR balanced >GLM software>Genelec Monitors 8340A

I think there's a misunderstanding here.

The way I'm reading it is that the OP wanted the visualiser on the display at all times.

Then, MC thought the OP meant the graphic equaliser (EQ), so he said "no way, sorry" to mean "Sorry, it's not possible".

I can see how "No way, sorry" comes across as curt and abrupt and could be misconstrued as being offensive, even though I'm sure it's not meant like that.

Anyway, the OP is happy so let's all relax!

Leave "Curt" out of this. smile:)

I quite like the display configuration the way it is. (Wife prefers the Spectrum Analyzer, so I leave it there)

The LAST thing THIS Curt needs is another reason to piddle around with inputs.  All sounds nice...I'll twiddle controls only by necessity. 

Best to all,

Curt!

Vintage 2018 ADI-2 DAC. "Classic AKM4490 Edition"
Cables:  Red, and White Ones.
Speakers:  Yes

10 (edited by torbenscharling 2021-03-28 19:50:48)

People are allowed to express their opinion.

Didn't know MC is CEO btw. that's dope !

Have a nice evening/day y'all smile