Topic: Issues with windows 10 and ufx+

Hello everyone, this is my first post in this forum after weeks and weeks of trying to troubleshoot a problem that I had. My original set up was an ASUS TUF SABERTOOTH X99 LGA 2011-v3 Intel X99  Running Windows 7 and connected to the UFx plus on usb3 bus With no issues whatsoever. But with the lack of support for Windows 7 I decided to upgrade my system to the  MSI MPG Z490 GAMING EDGE WIFI LGA 1200 Intel Z490 motherboard and a Intel Core i9-10900K 10-Core 3.7 GHz LGA 1200 125W connected to my RME ufx plus via usb3 running windows 10. Unfortunately the system did not detect the Rme on usb3 or auto. It Worked for a bit on USB 2 but stopped working after while. I called JAM industries IN MONTREAL who are the RMe distributors in Canada and they were nice enough to replace the unit for me with a new one. Again when I received a new one it worked for a while then it stopped working on USB 3 and it was only working on USB 2 Until eventually it wasn’t getting detected. So I spoke to The guys at JAM and they told me it’s not possible for two units to be defective which I understand so I decided to give the benefit of the doubt and see it for myself where the problem is coming from so I bought a new motherboard ASUS ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming Z490 (WiFi 6) LGA 1200 (Intel® 10th Gen) and a asus thunderbolt card ASUS ThunderboltEX 3-TR Expansion Card for Z490 (Intel 10th Gen CPUs) And use the same Cpu that was on the MSI. I reinstalled windows and  the drivers for the mobo thunderbolt card then install the Thunderbolt  card (recommended) And installed the drivers for the thunderbolt rme ufx plus. After setting the bios to see the thunderbolt my PC was seeing the RME but total mix fx and the settings for the rme were not coming up and the white light on the RME was not coming up to confirm that there’s a connection with thunderbolt. I also tried it with USB 3 using the USB 3 drivers and I have used for different kinds of USB 3 cables different length from 3 feet to 10 feet and again with no luck. Can anyone please help?
Thank you

Re: Issues with windows 10 and ufx+

I have a UFX+ and Asus Z370-A motherboard running Win 10 x64. USB worked fine, but I wanted to use Thunderbolt. I unsuccessfully tried the Asus Thunderbolt add-on card, then returned it. There is a lot on the internet about failures with this card. Then I bought the Gigabyte GC-TITAN RIDGE (rev. 2.0) card. Worked out of the box. Be sure your BIOS settings under Thunderbolt have the Titan Ridge Workaround enabled (assuming your motherboard BIOS settings have this feature).

Greetings from Canada. The guys at JAM are great and fixed an ancient UFX for me some time ago quickly and at minimal cost.

UFX+; MADIfaceUSB; Startech active USB3 cable; Sonnet Allegro Pro adapter; Win11x64

Hello!

Did you check if the UFX+ is in CC Mode?

Here's a quote from the manual:

The  factory  setting  for  the  Interface  Mode,  Auto,  makes  sure  that  any connected  computer  connection  is  recognized  automatically.  Thunderbolt,  USB  3,  USB  2  and  Class  Compliant  will  usually  work  without  any further user interaction. In case of problems the current interface mode can  be  set  manually  to  a  fixed  one.  This  is  done  under  SETUP/REV, Options, Hardware/Diagnosis, Interface Mode.

Did you, also, try to set it manually to the mode you wanted to have it connected?(i.e: Thunderbolt or USB3)

RME Gear: Digiface USB, HDSP 9632

Labdoc wrote:

I have a UFX+ and Asus Z370-A motherboard running Win 10 x64. USB worked fine, but I wanted to use Thunderbolt. I unsuccessfully tried the Asus Thunderbolt add-on card, then returned it. There is a lot on the internet about failures with this card. Then I bought the Gigabyte GC-TITAN RIDGE (rev. 2.0) card. Worked out of the box. Be sure your BIOS settings under Thunderbolt have the Titan Ridge Workaround enabled (assuming your motherboard BIOS settings have this feature).

Greetings from Canada. The guys at JAM are great and fixed an ancient UFX for me some time ago quickly and at minimal cost.

Its not working on all connections, neither usb3 or usb 2 or thunderbolt. My thunderbolt card is working fine and is seeing the ufx connected to it. However the totalmix or rme settings are not starting also the white host thunderbolt light is mot on on the ufx

MetalHeadKeys wrote:

Hello!

Did you check if the UFX+ is in CC Mode?

Here's a quote from the manual:

The  factory  setting  for  the  Interface  Mode,  Auto,  makes  sure  that  any connected  computer  connection  is  recognized  automatically.  Thunderbolt,  USB  3,  USB  2  and  Class  Compliant  will  usually  work  without  any further user interaction. In case of problems the current interface mode can  be  set  manually  to  a  fixed  one.  This  is  done  under  SETUP/REV, Options, Hardware/Diagnosis, Interface Mode.

Did you, also, try to set it manually to the mode you wanted to have it connected?(i.e: Thunderbolt or USB3)

I tried on auto and on manual (usb2, usb 3 or thunderbolt) Cc was never selected (always off)

You might need to go into the Thunderbolt Control Center and allow the UFX+ as Thunderbolt device in there. A similar security step might also be present in the BIOS - disable anything that prevents full access to TB.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

You might need to go into the Thunderbolt Control Center and allow the UFX+ as Thunderbolt device in there. A similar security step might also be present in the BIOS - disable anything that prevents full access to TB.

Thank you Mathias, i already did all that. Security in bios is set to none for thunderbolt. My thunderbolt control centre sees the ufx but thats it. No total mix no rme settings app and no host light. On all three modes with their drivers respectively. I tried the  usb 3 gen 2 and it seems to be working for now. I am crossing my fingers lol

8 (edited by camel1977 2021-04-12 20:38:20)

So it worked for about half a day, when i came back to start the system it would not recognise the ufx plus in usb3 mode or auto. And when i put it in  usb2 it said the driver was corrupt. I reinstalled the driver but with no luck.

I have a feeling it might be a windows 10 issue or update