Topic: RME ADI-2 DAC FS Question About Dimensions

I know the device is about 5.2cm tall, but I'd like to know specifically if the feet can be removed so the bottom of the device sits flush with a table, or if there is still some stub/stand or something where each feet would be even after removing the 4 feet. I'd also like to know the height of the device with the feet removed.

Thanks!

2 (edited by Curt962 2021-04-15 02:27:09)

Re: RME ADI-2 DAC FS Question About Dimensions

Hi Pach.

I'm nowhere near my RME, so I don't have additional dimension info to share.  I DO wonder however what your plans might be?   Perhaps a "Built-In" type install with the RME tightly entombed in decorative Wood?  Don't.

We must consider the need for adequate ventilation of the Unit, which is well provided-for in the ADI-2 DAC design, INCLUDING the Feet which interestly enough,  allow for proper air circulation.   Failing to do so,  we invite the potential for unwanted, user-induced heat-related malfunctions.  Ehhh...Bad idea.  sad

Just saying, but your query led me to believe the worst.   I simply had to bring it up!!

Do Enjoy your New, Well-Ventilated RME!

Curt

Vintage 2018 ADI-2 DAC. "Classic AKM4490 Edition"
Cables:  Red, and White Ones.
Speakers:  Yes

If you unscrew the feet the bottom is flat. Height then is about 4.5 cm.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

See there Pach?   We got the Boss up at about 0400 Germany time.

It has been said that RME treats it's products as it's Children.   

Need One further Proof?

Have Fun!

Best,

Curt

Curt962 wrote:

Hi Pach.

I'm nowhere near my RME, so I don't have additional dimension info to share.  I DO wonder however what your plans might be?   Perhaps a "Built-In" type install with the RME tightly entombed in decorative Wood?  Don't.

We must consider the need for adequate ventilation of the Unit, which is well provided-for in the ADI-2 DAC design, INCLUDING the Feet which interestly enough,  allow for proper air circulation.   Failing to do so,  we invite the potential for unwanted, user-induced heat-related malfunctions.  Ehhh...Bad idea.  sad

Just saying, but your query led me to believe the worst.   I simply had to bring it up!!

Do Enjoy your New, Well-Ventilated RME!

Curt

I see, thanks for the valuable information. I was going to see if I could make it fit in a really tight spot height-wise, but looks like that's not the plan anymore.

Hi again Pach.

Sorry to Rain on your Parade, but I just can't endorse that. 

The RME is a pretty sexy unit as-is, and at my House?  It's on the HIGHEST SHELF for all the World to see. 

Killer piece of Gear!

Welcome to the Forum!

Curt

Well, the DAC is not getting as hot as the Pro. If that enclosure or spot has at least one side made of heat dissipating material (like sitting on a metal sheet) it would be zero problem. But as long as you don't listen to low impedance, low sensitivity phones at high volume for hours, it will also work without much ventilation. You could try and feel on the side how warm it becomes. It won't die immediately, so just try it.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hi again Pach!

MC has weighed-in, so let's use his guidance as the definitive final say-so!

Be sure and share a photo of your install with the group!   Who knows!  It might be really cool, and give others some ideas.

Best!

Curt