Topic: FF800 & Now Universal USB Remote Question

Purchased a used FF800 Firewire 800/400 interface, looks brand new. I have had a Babyface for my primary DAW but now use it as my DA converter on my work desktop computer for Audio playback. I was going to sell it but compared my FR -Scarlet, much less $ to be fare for audio play, and I said forget it I will just keep it.

Was surprised the FF800 does not have Fx ? Or an Eq Option, I missed those two options in my read up on the tech specs. Jeeze

Ok to my Question: I noticed the Main Headphone Jack on the front is only outputting to one ear?   

I am trying to figure out what my options are:

Try and clean the contacts of the headphone jack with pot spray
Send off to be repaired
Use the FR Scarlett only as an audio output used during recording? (not sure use can use two interfaces like that.)
OR
Could I purchase one of RME's new USB remotes and assign the single Jack as a stereo headphone jack for playback monitoring when I am tracking ?

Any advice, repair ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Los SF Bay Area

Re: FF800 & Now Universal USB Remote Question

Maybe my Excel overview will help you now or in the future to find RME interfaces with all desired features like FX section.

Blog article: https://www.tonstudio-forum.de/blog/ind … B-MADIfac/
Direct Link to this Excel: https://www.tonstudio-forum.de/index.ph … 0-08-xlsx/

I would choose the RME interface as the base of your setup because of the flexibility and comfort by TotalMix and because of the better driver.

Repair is always an option, but as a workaround you could also use a phones preamp and connect it through analog or digital ports.

You could also connect the babyface in standalone mode to the ADAT output of the FF800 and use its phones outputs.

It might even be possible to use the FR Scarlett phones output if it has a digital input like ADAT IN. Its rather unlikely that the Focusrite Scarletts support standalone operation mode, so it might be required to install FR ASIO driver to get Mixcrontrol software installed and to keep it connected through USB for operational reasons.

The FF800 would be clock master and the Scarlett would need to be setup as clock slave to learn clock from ADAT IN.

What FR Scarlett do you have exactly ? Please send a link to the product.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Re: FF800 & Now Universal USB Remote Question

Very detailed response thank you.

Much appreciated.