Topic: RME Remote Control BRC (Basic Remote Control)

Hi

I wondered if anyone could help with a query on the old discontinued remote control the "RME Remote Control BRC (Basic Remote Control)"

The website says "The Basic Remote Control (BRC) comes with the ADI-8 QS. It also works with the Fireface 802, UFX, UCX and the MADIface XT."

Would it work with the FF800?  It's not listed on the website, but as it works with the 802 I wondered if it would?

Thanks in advance

Re: RME Remote Control BRC (Basic Remote Control)

The FF800 does not have a Remote connector, so how could it work there?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

3 (edited by ramses 2021-04-22 09:01:37)

Re: RME Remote Control BRC (Basic Remote Control)

trash116 wrote:

I wondered if anyone could help with a query on the old discontinued remote control the "RME Remote Control BRC (Basic Remote Control)"

Would it work with the FF800?

Besides your question, allow me this comment:

Better get the ARC USB, you can connect it to the PC and TM FX will do the data exchange between the recording interface and the ARC USB.

The good thing is, this works completely independent of the recording interface used. It only has to support TotalMix FX and that's what almost all interfaces back to ~2001 do. In any case also the FF800.

With an ARC USB you are much better positioned in terms of functionality compared to the Basic Remote.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13