Topic: USB cable

Dear friends, hello.

Could you give your opinion on the impact of the quality of the USB cable on the sound. Does it make sense to buy an expensive cable, and will there be actual data loss when using a cheaper cable?

RME Babyface Pro FS
RME ADI-2 Pro FS R BE

Re: USB cable

No impact at all. Use whatever you have.

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
Babyface pro fs, HDSP9652+ADI-8AE, HDSP9632

vinark, thanks!

RME Babyface Pro FS
RME ADI-2 Pro FS R BE

I didn't think USB cables would make a difference, then took a chance on a Oyaide Neo-D Class A cable.

The difference is INCREDIBLE! Anybody with ears would be able to tell the difference. I strongly urge you to give it a try.

5 (edited by ramses 2021-05-27 06:42:11)

mediummanting wrote:

I didn't think USB cables would make a difference, then took a chance on a Oyaide Neo-D Class A cable.
The difference is INCREDIBLE! Anybody with ears would be able to tell the difference. I strongly urge you to give it a try.

There you are mistaken. It makes no difference at all. Probably you have heard a difference for
- psychoacoustic reasons (wishful thinking)
- different levels (louder always sounds better to the ear)
- there was too much time between the comparisons

Recommendation: simply take quality cables with good plugs. Lindy delivers premium cables with reasonable quality with up to 3 shields for USB3 cables. The price is below €25 depending on length and whether it's for USB3 or USB2.

There are such discussions every now and then, no reason to put them on again. Please use the forum search, thank you.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13