1 (edited by johnhallkenney 2021-05-27 15:21:29)

Topic: Logging in to introduce myself

Hello All (from Melbourne Australia)

I'm the new owner of an ADI-2 and wanted to introduce myself to the group.

Like some, my audio journey began many moons ago, but as fate would have it, my living situation has changed.
Now residing in an apartment, my listening parameters have also changed.
I'm a head-fier now, so I can enjoy my music late at night (and loud to me), whilst still being neighbourly
I was using Oratory1990's EQ's settings with my headphones via APO, but now will be using the RME's to take care of this instead.
I use my PC as transport and connect my RME via a Supra USB Cable

My headphone list is as follows
Audeze LCD 2 fazors (with pure silver cables)
Beyer DT880 600 ohms
Sennheiser 650's (my first real headphone purchased a decade ago)
HiFi HE4xx (too cheap to pass up)
Philips X2HR (ditto)
Etymotic ER4XR
Tin P1's

For those out there with more experience than me, I was hoping they would share their EQ settings they might use to help me set up my unit correctly. It would be greatly appreciated.

Peace

John

(sorry for the long 1st post)

I think, therefore I am!

Re: Logging in to introduce myself

Maybe I posted in the wrong section, so I'll have another try.

Is there anyone who could be so kind as to post me where I might find the PEQ's for said headphones.
I've tried Orator1990, but he has only the 650's and X2HR's

Cheers

I think, therefore I am!

3 (edited by ramses 2021-06-01 07:13:01)

Sorry, but nobody seems to have an answer for this question. PEQ settings for headphones are also rarely posted on RME forum. There is no need for cross-postings in different forum sections, everybody gets a notification about new, unanswered and active topics...

I would look in the internet for measuring courves for known phones where you have PEQ settings. Look what has been adjusted and how (which q-factor, which frequency, which adjustment). By this you might get insight, what to compensate.

Then try to get a measurement courve for your phones and try to do it in a similar fashion.

But careful, measuring phones is not so easy therefore its difficult to say whether such measurings really reflect the sound of your phones and consider that phones are also not 100% equal and also can have a different sound depending on the placement on your head.
I would only perform careful tuning and to use your ears and to compare it with other known sound, that you like.

They then also have to make a decision as to what fits best, a more linear tuning or something more in line with their personal listening habits.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Thank you the reply, i'll give it a go

I think, therefore I am!

General remark. But be careful, measuring headphones is not that easy I've been told, so it's not sure if such measurements from the internet really reflect the reproduction of your headphones.
Also keep in mind that there are tolerances despite machine manufacturing, headphones are not necessarily 100% the same.
Depending on placement / fit on the head, how far the pads are pressed in, the sound may also vary slightly.
This means you can use other settings, but should critically counter-listen, whether you are really satisfied with it and if necessary readjust yourself.

With the PEQ settings that you can find on the Internet, you can also never say exactly whether the setting may also correspond more to the personal taste (including hearing) of the person who posted these settings.
Therefore, I personally choose the headphones that I like the most without correction, so that a correction is ideally not required at all, such as with my Audeze LCD-3 with Alcantara (gibts unfortunately no longer in this version, but I liked the sound impression better).

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13