Topic: MacPro 2013 Audio out to RME UFX+

Due to a special application which only works reliable when using the buildin Apple. Audio out, i want to connect the optical Audio Out to the spdif of the RME.
Any tips of cabeling and best practise are Highly appreciated

Re: MacPro 2013 Audio out to RME UFX+

On UFX+ only ADAT 2 can be set to support optical SPDIF via RME driver settings dialog.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

ramses wrote:

On UFX+ only ADAT 2 can be set to support optical SPDIF via RME driver settings dialog.

When using the SPDIF in @UFX+, do you happen to know the best way for the clocking issues involved? I have a consumer device (Bluetooth receiver) with optical SPDIF output, but without inputs for external clocking. UFX+ does probably no sample rate conversion at this input - so, does the whole system need to run as slave to a 50€ Bluetooth receiver? Help is much appreciated, thanks!

MADIface(s) Pro, UFX+, MADI Router
Mac mini Intel, iPad Air 2020
ProTools, Hindenburg

hardyroede wrote:
ramses wrote:

When using the SPDIF in @UFX+, do you happen to know the best way for the clocking issues involved? I have a consumer device (Bluetooth receiver) with optical SPDIF output, but without inputs for external clocking. UFX+ does probably no sample rate conversion at this input - so, does the whole system need to run as slave to a 50€ Bluetooth receiver? Help is much appreciated, thanks!

If I am not mistaken, then RME Steadyclock will solve this for you and remove the clock jitter.

https://www.rme-audio.de/steadyclock-fs.html

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

ramses wrote:

If I am not mistaken, then RME Steadyclock will solve this for you and remove the clock jitter.

https://www.rme-audio.de/steadyclock-fs.html

True that, thanks for the quick reply and a toast to Steadyclock. But if I am not missing something, connecting a SPDIF source without external clocking capabilities will only work if it is set within UFX+ as clock master, correct? Or otherwise, a separate clockable SRC box like Mutec MC4 or so has to be involved, as I understand it. Thanks again!

ProTools, Hindenburg

The consumer device will provide the clock and transfer it via it's SPDIF out to the UFX+ configured as clock slave, clock source = ADAT2 (optical).

7 (edited by hardyroede 2021-06-08 22:04:57)

That’s what I thought. Thank you.

ProTools, Hindenburg