1 (edited by Johannes AU 2021-07-25 06:39:38)

Topic: DigiCheck/ ADI-2 DAC Fs question

I am not sure if this should be at the DigiCheck section of forum or not.

Actually I do not know how to ask or narrow down the question(s), so let me try ....

I know DigiCheck only supports s/pdif at Mac version, so if I am running a Mac Mini with toslink output for music, the question are, what can I do with DigiCheck for the DAC? playback and recording with different function? is it for display the signal graphs at the Mac only?

Fellow members and experts please kindly assist me to understand more about it.

Pacifist, dumb, not stupid
Listen music out from a box which sounds
Reading words on paper/ screen

Re: DigiCheck/ ADI-2 DAC Fs question

The DAC that you will get already has a Loopback feature (see manual), so you can use DigiCheck also on its USB playback signal. Download DigiCheck NG and study the included help section.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

The DAC that you will get already has a Loopback feature (see manual), so you can use DigiCheck also on its USB playback signal. Download DigiCheck NG and study the included help section.

Thanks Matthias, the DAC will arrive coming Tuesday morning, I guess the Digicheck NG(already downloaded) only works with DAC connected to Mac, for sure I will read the help files, if anything I do not understand, I will ask againe ....  :-)

In DIGIChek  Totalyser an other window I dont see the spectrum and the other info. I see something only on ITU EBU window.
Wich is my mistake?

mancimau wrote:

In DIGIChek  Totalyser an other window I dont see the spectrum and the other info. I see something only on ITU EBU window.
Wich is my mistake?

But you have figured out how to select other instruments to appear in a window and select an input from the interface to monitor ?

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

Yes I see the windows but seems dead. Only the ITU EBU is alive.So the input is selected!Or I have select input for each windows?

Yes every window (instrument) has it's input.

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

Thanks waedi

MC wrote:

Working !

Can I change the color of the meters?

Not at this time.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

11 (edited by Johannes AU 2021-07-30 14:11:49)

At the software interface statistics, I saw 300 something and once even six digits figure at the missed column, is that due to software problem or the DAC problem?

<<< Problem Solved >>>
Possible reason: Wrong bit rate/sampling rate at MacOS Audio Midi Setup. And when I change it without stop playing the music, it creates error and noise.

At REM DAC State Overview, SP o swithes from Sync to Lock and back repeatedly, also due to wrong bit rate/sampling rate....