Topic: Adi pro fs r output muted

Recently got my adi pro and I love how it sounds. Today I noticed some weird behavior. When listening over analog input to an LP I changed by chance from a 16 bit 44khz file to a 24 96 file on the simultaneously connected squeezebox touch (usb). The music played over analog input paused for a fraction of a second. I am using newest fw. The glitch is reproducible.

2 (edited by KaiS 2021-08-11 13:54:41)

Re: Adi pro fs r output muted

john34 wrote:

Recently got my adi pro and I love how it sounds. Today I noticed some weird behavior. When listening over analog input to an LP I changed by chance from a 16 bit 44khz file to a 24 96 file on the simultaneously connected squeezebox touch (usb). The music played over analog input paused for a fraction of a second. I am using newest fw. The glitch is reproducible.

This is normal behavior.

You changed ADI-2 Pro’s samplerate, visible in the main display down right.
The internal reconfiguration needs a few ms.

ADI-2 Pro’s clock usually (the exact behavior depends on ADI-2 Pro’s selected “Mode”, see manual page 36ff) follows USB as long as it’s connected and selected as source.

To avoid that you could change ADI-2’s clock source to internal by unplugging USB or switch off squeezebox.
Or just play this 96 kHz file for a moment to make ADI-2 run at 96 kHz smile

> Today I noticed some weird behavior

But the main issue seems to be that you missed that listening to the analog input is perfomed by AD to DA conversion. Mentioned multiple times in the manual. This is not an analog path in to out.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

I was aware of ADDA conversion. I just didn't know that changing clock on a different input would affect the active input. But yes it is logical.

The unit does not spport multiple sample rates simultaneously (no similar unit does that), so whatever input a clock change will cause a reconfiguration. The only exception is using the SPDIF or AES input via SRC, changes on that input won't cause trouble to other paths.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME