Topic: RME ADI-2 DAC FS Windows 10 driver issue

Hello, I have recently installed the driver ver. 09735 to update firmware. Firmware updated correctly, I uninstalled driver via Device Manger, however, through USB Foobar2000 WASAPI does not work, shows "Unrecoverable playback error: Unsupported stream format: 192000 Hz / 16-bit / 2 channels" and in Device Manager, under sound and game controllers it shows the RME unit, however, it also shows "other devices" A"DI-2 Dac" with a yellow exclamation point. I am not sure what my next steps would be.

Edition    Windows 10 Pro
Version    21H1
Installed on    2021-06-07
OS build    19043.1165
Experience    Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3530.0

Re: RME ADI-2 DAC FS Windows 10 driver issue

Also just found in Control Panel, Uninstall Software - Windows Driver Package - RME MADIface (04/12/2021 0.9.735.0) but will not let me uninstall it. I did not have this issue last month when I updated firmware, so I am at a loss here.

Sounds like everything is correct. You either have the DAC locked to SPDIF, or need to use 192 kHz 32 bit playback.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

Sounds like everything is correct. You either have the DAC locked to SPDIF, or need to use 192 kHz 32 bit playback.

I have optical cable unplugged from the dac, and have I/O set to usb. I have tried wasapi event, and wasapi push in fubar to no success. I have updated and rweset Foobar, and tried the new exclusive modes as well, with same error. Interestingly, exclusive and wasapi both work over optical, so I can use that, but I would really like to try to sort out this issue.

After downloading Music Bee, and setting to wasapi exclusive, this works over USB. It seems the issue is with Foobar2000.

"Unrecoverable playback error: Unsupported stream format: 192000 Hz / 16-bit / 2 channels (0x3)"

I will try to get Foobar2000 support, and see where that leads.

Did you read my reply above? Why don't you select 32 bit? That is the only format supported without drivers, as can be seen in the dropdown list of the unit's playback properties in the Sound Control panel.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

Did you read my reply above? Why don't you select 32 bit? That is the only format supported without drivers, as can be seen in the dropdown list of the unit's playback properties in the Sound Control panel.

When I checked the output in Foobar2000, it was set to 32bit depth, and I was still getting the errors, hence my confusion. After I downloaded Music Bee, and worked straight away, this led me to believe Foobar2000 was having an issue. I uninstalled, using an 3rd party uninstaller, then reinstall again, now it is working again. Maybe there was a glitch when I installed the first time? Windows is fickle at times, maybe the install conflicted with some programs I had running at the time etc. who knows? It works now, and there was NO FAULT by the rme unit, or its drivers. Just user error wink