Topic: Picoreplayer setting outputaudio

hello, I have a problem with my connection between the DAC and picoreolayer no signal !!  I have a list but nothing no selection works!  I succeeded with volumio it displays it without problem!

2 (edited by Curt962 2021-09-02 03:12:01)

Re: Picoreplayer setting outputaudio

Aziz,

Help me better understand.  Are you using Picore Player with Rpi4 by chance?   * I know, I'm going out on a Limb, and making assumptions here, but I once ran into a similar, albeit brief "WTF?" Moment myself. wink

If so, simply choose "Generic" in the drop down list of DACs during your set-up.   The RME DAC is not listed, but that seems to be a non-problem, as my RME. complete with Serial Number,  is shown as the connected device in the PCP Logs.  (Pi is Super Smart, and knows exactly who it's connected to)   The result is a Bit-Perfect Connection.  All Sample Rates/Bit Depths *Pass*

Fear Not. 

Let us know.

Curt

Vintage 2018 ADI-2 DAC. "Classic AKM4490 Edition"
Cables:  Red, and White Ones.
Speakers:  Yes

Hi, thank you for your reply!  yes I use a Pi 4!  i just tried with generic / simple TI5102 or ess9023 DAC, nothing works!  how to see the list of connected device ??  I'm starting to lose my patience ... thank you for your help

4 (edited by badboygolf16v 2021-09-02 08:07:37)

This is really a question for the piCorePlayer team on the Slim Devices forum. I'm sure you will receive the best support there.

I'm guessing you're connecting via USB? In that case you need to select USB. I don't know exactly how that is done I haven't used pCP for a few years.

You are selecting drivers for I2S connected HATs. As I remember, Generic is an I2S driver too, so wrong for USB.

So, assuming you are connecting via USB, select USB, then you will see (maybe after pCP restarts itself) a list of USB DACs connected to the RPi.

badboygolf16v wrote:

This is really a question for the piCorePlayer team on the Slim Devices forum. I'm sure you will receive the best support there.

I'm guessing you're connecting via USB? In that case you need to select USB. I don't know exactly how that is done I haven't used pCP for a few years.

You are selecting drivers for I2S connected HATs. As I remember, Generic is an I2S driver too, so wrong for USB.

So, assuming you are connecting via USB, select USB, then you will see (maybe after pCP restarts itself) a list of USB DACs connected to the RPi.

hello yes I plug in USB I will try to see with the picoreplayer forum

Aziz,

While you're waiting for a response from the Picore Team, have a look at this PcP set up guide.  Take note of Step 7.

https://docs.picoreplayer.org/getting-started/

It really seems you're only a Keystroke away from success, so trust that you'll be streaming happily very soon.

Have Fun!

Curt

hello Curt, thanks for your help i will look into it tomorrow and i will come back to inform you of my progress !!  thanks a lot for your help

I finally succeeded !!!  I am going to USB AUDIO!  I reebooted, then in specify outpout device I went to more in red and there is the whole list of names that we must select for our DAC!  my english is bad that's why i didn't understand everything a big thank you to all

Aziz,

Fantastic!!!   I knew you would make everything work fine.  wink

Enjoy your new Device!   

Best,

Curt

10 (edited by mijkie 2022-06-26 07:09:04)

I've had a hard job to get the Pi working trough USB but, eventually I've got It working
Several hours searching, testing, rebooting of Pi

I chose the hw:card(serial) in "Output setting" and still nothing but, then I read something about the Alsa settings and what to change smile

So I changed "mmap" value to "1" instead of the standard "0" and did It for me, now It's working perfectly !

RME ADI-2 FS, Raspberry Pi4 with piCorePlayer and Focal Alpha 50

11 (edited by Curt962 2022-06-26 10:42:54)

Mijkie,

Super Fantastic!   Good Job!

As above in this thread, I simply chose "USB Audio" in the output settings, and it was Blue Skies from that point forward.  All worked quite fine, and required no changes to ALSA settings.

This IS the RME forum, so let's check your handiwork with the RME Bit-Test Utility.

Very simple.  Download the Bit Test files to your Music Server.   With your Player Sftwr Vol @ 100%, simply play the files.   Pi with PcP should pass ALL tests easily, as would be indicated by a White Screen "Bit Test XXbit Passed"

Fun Stuff!

Thanks for stopping in!   I'm happy for your success.

*PS:  Which RME device are you using?

Curt

Hey Curt, you had an easy job smile

It was hard to find on the interweb, any info on de combo RME and Raspberry so I had to find it out myself and I did smile

Then I came across this forum and topic and thought, maybe I can help someone with my adventures.

I'll try to get the files on my Music-server asap and test them and let you know smile

I've got a ADI-2 FS, a raspberry Pi4 and a set of Focal Alpha, I love this combo and a lot of other hifi equipment

Mike

13 (edited by Curt962 2022-06-26 16:32:35)

Mike,

While I sit anticipating your Bit Test results... I did find a PcP update I wasn't aware of. (8.2 now) That took only a minute via the Insitu process, and also updates Pi's FW to the latest/greatest thing.  Cool!

I re-ran the RME Bit-Tests to ensure I hadn't boogered anything.  All A-OK from Top to Bottom.

If you hadn't already guessed, I am a firm believer in the RME Bit Test's ability to take an impartial look at the ENTIRE Digital Data path!   There are no "Participation Awards" offered.   The System passes, or if ONE thing is amiss...it doesn't!
This is a most valuable capability within your new ADI-2 DAC!

Back to the Music!

Curt

Well Curt, guess what, it passed the bit-test

All with the white screen on the ADI smile

Mike,

That's Great News!   Now you have digital verification that your Data Path is functioning without alteration, and your RME is receiving an exact copy of the data on your HDD.   

I suggest that you keep the Bit Tests on your Server, and run the tests after any significant change to ensure that everything remains legit.   It's so easy.. why not? 

Now, you can redirect your focus to explore additional RME Functionalities that will surely elevate your listening experience.  Auto-Ref, and Dynamic Loudness immediately come to mind. wink

Enjoy!

Curt

Now I'm gonna read the manual and see and here what I can do with the enormous amount of functionalities smile

Out of the box It's an amazing sounding dac, full of detail in all frequencies and maybe It can sound even better!

17 (edited by Curt962 2022-06-27 18:17:15)

Mike,

This is fantastic!   You've got a fine set-up already, and a foray into the User Manual will open your Eyes to the incredible level of engineering RME invested into your new Device, and their advice on how YOU can best utilize these functionalities to maximize your listening enjoyment!  Pinch Yourself!  Yes..It's all for Real!  This is not HiFi Hocus Pocus. smile

Hardly...from a Company with such a Commanding Presence in the Pro-Studio environment.  When it REALLY Matters?   Studios call upon RME.

You chose Wisely!

Welcome Aboard!

Curt

*If all the above weren't enough.. Your PI-4 is a Digital Monster!  What an incredibly amazing device that makes a Mockery of it's  Boutique Competition...which always costs far more, yet cannot pass Bit Test.  wink

Let's get you to add a cool IPS Display via Pi's HDMI output, and blow yourself away!  Boutique Streaming devices with their Puny displays are not impressive...not when compared to Curt's Tune Saloon!  smile  I like Album Art/Metadata I can see from China!  big_smile