1 (edited by Redvax58 2021-09-29 03:31:42)

Topic: [Solved] BabyfacePro FS Mac update problems - No Phones!

I had not used the Babyface since the spring and my iMac has automatically been updating the Mac OS - I'm now running OS Big Sur 11.6 (Intel Processor)

Today I updated to the most recent RME driver (driver_usb_mac_325-7).  I now have now phones output, and TotalMix starts but has no windows available so it is useless.  Can't record without headphones.
I saw where you might have to go into the security settings and click to allow the updated driver.  I've reinstalled the update three times.  I've checked each time and the option to allow has never appeared. 
(3 hrs later) I just now performed the recovery mode procedure using Terminal (which I had seen in another positng in thre Forum - Thanks!).  I then reinstalled the driver and got the message to "allow" it in System Preferences/Security & Privacy.  Now TotalMix appears to be working, but I STILL CANNOT GET OUTPUT ON PHONES

Any ideas on what is wrong?  I REALLY NEED headphones to record! 

Problem 2:  So I then tried to update the firmware also (fut_usb_mac-6).  That doesn't seem to even work on my iMac.  I download it, click to open, an icon appears for a split second at the bottom row of my screen, but then nothing further.  happens. (Even after performing the Terminal procedure)

Re: [Solved] BabyfacePro FS Mac update problems - No Phones!

The current driver is 3.26.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks Mathias.  I just looked  again and the latest I can find on the rme-audio.com site for my Intel based iMac with OS11  is Version 3.25 and that is the one I installed.  Would appreciate reference on where to find 3.26 if that is indedd the latest.

4 (edited by waedi 2021-09-29 05:18:46)

https://rme-audio.de/downloads/driver_usb_mac_326.zip

The websites should get updated, also here the .de site has only the 3.25 to find in the devices driver OSX list.

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

Thanks waedi.  I updated to 3.26.  Still no phones...BUT....

PROBLEM NOW SOLVED
Dug into the manual and found the discussion in Section 34 (Operation of Unit) regarding normal and CC mode.  I must have set the unit to CC mode a long time ago when I first set up the unit and forgot about it.  Not sure how it happened but the Baby Face Pro FS apparently was no longer running in copy mode.  I changed it back to copy mode and it is working fine now. 

Thanks for your quick assistance which helped me determine that the problem was the operator...not the Update!