1 (edited by mwilson 2021-11-22 18:49:33)

Topic: Windows 11 sleep, interesting observation

Greetings,

I observed a pattern whereas when my ADI-2 Pro FS BE is connected to my laptop's docking station, whenever the computer wakes from sleep it fails to recognize the external computer display. If I unplug the USB cable from the RME overnight, all is well. I would like to try leaving the RME on all the time (presently I turn it off at the end of the day). Is there any detriment other than some trivial power consumption? I would think display burn-in isn't an issue on the RME since it's IPS, but anything else to take into consideration?

Cheers,
Nick

Re: Windows 11 sleep, interesting observation

Have you not discovered the AutoDark feature yet or is it not on the Pro model?

Thanks for the reply. I have, but it's also turning off visual indicators while music is playing.

May be a timer power socket can help?

Pacifist, dumb, not stupid
Listen music out from a box which sounds
Reading words on paper/ screen

5 (edited by KaiS 2021-11-23 07:16:42)

mwilson wrote:

...when my ADI-2 Pro FS BE is connected to my laptop's docking station, whenever the computer wakes from sleep it fails to recognize the external computer display. If I unplug the USB cable from the RME overnight, all is well. I would like to try leaving the RME on all the time (presently I turn it off at the end of the day). Is there any detriment other than some trivial power consumption?

Switching off ADI-2 before sending the computer to sleep, should have the same effect like unplugging it.

KaiS wrote:

Switching off ADI-2 before sending the computer to sleep, should have the same effect like unplugging it.

Yes, that's what I've been doing and had the issue.

I figured out the problem though: if I put the computer to sleep immediately (like within a second or two of turning off the ADI-2, or if I power on the ADI-2 before waking the computer, the issue persists.

If I power off the ADI-2, wait 10-15 seconds, and then put the computer to sleep, and only turn on the ADI-2 after the computer wakes, all is good. I believe this behavior would be same with any USB peripheral, so likely related to either Windows or my particular docking station.

Anyway, thanks to all for the replies.