Topic: [Solved] ADI-2 DAC USB input not working?

I've been using the ADI-2 DAC as a DAC/preap for the last two and a half years and it's been excellent. I use two inputs, coax SPDIF from a CD player acting as a transport and USB from a Mac mini (running Audirvana Studio under OS X 11.6) to stream from a NAS.

Yesterday the USB input appeared to stop working. The meters showed no activity when music was playing.I have checked connection and Mac settings. It recognises the RME DAC and this is the selected output device.

I tried connecting my iMac (running Music under OS X 11.6) via USB. Again, it recognises the DAC but I cannot play music.

I tried an alternative USB lead in both cases.

However, I can still play music as normal using the CD transport via SPDIF.

Any suggestions, please?

Re: [Solved] ADI-2 DAC USB input not working?

You manually switched the input to USB? What does the Status Overview screen say?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks for the prompt response.

I always switch between inputs using the remote handset.

The Status Overview USB settings shown are:

conn     44.1     2/2

I've noticed that although the Sound entry for System Preferences on the Mac mini is set to the RME DAC, Audirvana Studio player is directing sound output to the Apple Built-in output, namely the Mac's own speaker!

I think I've solved the problem. I managed to change Audirvana to output to the RME DAC. I've rebooted and all seems to be working again. I think must have changed this setting without noting what I had done. The presence of a drop-down menu to change it back isn't sufficiently obvious, in my opinion. Thanks for your help - you kept me focussed on the problem! Now I can go back to enjoying my great little DAC again!