Topic: Digital Connection Babyface Pro and Lexicon PCM 92?

Hi,

I use a babyface pro for several years and am happy with it. Now i consider buying a Lexicon PCM 92 rack unit and want to use it via digital connection, so I can easily use the effects via my computer (DAW) and use the analog inputs of the Lexicon for my guitar system.

Has anybody done this or an idea how i can implement this although the Lexicon only features AES with XLR Connectors?

Greetings

2 (edited by waedi 2021-11-24 18:41:53)

Re: Digital Connection Babyface Pro and Lexicon PCM 92?

There must be a converter ADAT to AES(or SPDIF) take place.
That is not cheap.
The Octamix XTC can do it, it's like a Swiss army knife.
ADI2 Pro can do it probably too, but I'm not sure.

But there is also another very cheap solution
https://www.thomannmusic.ch/lindy_audio … igital.htm
You need two cables XLR to chinch and two toslink optical cables.
In the Babyface settings select SPDIF for the optical connection and the clock-mode internal.
The Lindy box converts the optical SPDIF into coaxial SPDIF.
In Totalmix the channels adat 1/2 are those for the Lexicon then and in the Lexicon setup you may select AES for clock sync.

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

My recommendation, upgrade to an UCX II. There you can use the AES ports and there is even the alternative to use an adapter to connect the Lexicon to the coax SPDIF port, see manual ch 21.3.

This setup offers you plenty of options:
- still ADAT ports available to connect either preamps or AD/DA converter.
- still AES or coax SPDIF port available to connect ADI-2 Pro FS R BE (if you maybe want in the future to enhance your monitoring section)
Te Lexicon you can connect to either AES or coax SPDIF depending on whats free.

Please note that you should take a 110 Ohm digital cable for AES connections on the AES port.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Thanks to both if you.
I prefer the cheap option because this is really just for fun and by no means for a semi- or professional use.
So i will buy 2 of the converters and the necessary cables to try it out.

Should i take into account buying min.110 ohm cables for the XLR-Cinch connection?