1 (edited by Curt962 2022-01-09 15:36:42)

Topic: Manual suggestion

@MC

Ref Pg.4 of the latest User Manual (V 2.9)

Welcoming the New User without the ultimate closing comment "Enjoy!" seems to overlook the views of  the Long Time satisfied RME user.  smile

We DO enjoy our RME's MC!

All in good fun!

https://i.ibb.co/r28m5k9/rod5.gif

Curt

Vintage 2018 ADI-2 DAC. "Classic AKM4490 Edition"
Cables:  Red, and White Ones.
Speakers:  Yes

Re: Manual suggestion

It would be nice if the Table of Content where links as that would ease navigation, especially if uses a mobile phone. Even better if specific chapter/sections references in the manual where linked as well.

3 (edited by Johannes AU 2022-01-09 15:49:30)

Curt962 wrote:

@MC

Ref Pg.4 of the latest User Manual (V 2.9)

Welcoming the New User without the ultimate closing comment "Enjoy!" seems to overlook the views of  the Long Time satisfied RME user.  smile

We DO enjoy our RME's MC!

All in good fun!

https://i.ibb.co/r28m5k9/rod5.gif

Curt

Curt, how dare you say we .... (kidding), I have to say it myself smile

RME,  du bist bei mir ~~~~

Pacifist, dumb, not stupid
Listen music out from a box which sounds
Reading words on paper/ screen

4 (edited by eleweit 2022-01-09 15:48:01)

Unrelated suggestion wrt the pdf: clickable page links in the table of contents for people who don't know the structure by heart yet smile

edit hehe I started writing this, then did something els, clicked submit an in the meantime Muffin beat me to it

eleweit wrote:

Unrelated suggestion wrt the pdf: clickable page links in the table of contents for people who don't know the structure by heart yet smile

edit hehe I started writing this, then did something els, clicked submit an in the meantime Muffin beat me to it

RME printed a manual, good for us to read, however, improvement via firmware updates makes the printed manual obsolete fast ....

I guess RME want us to read the pages from first to end instead of jumping it, so that we do not miss any information... you know, I read many times, but still missed something ....

6 (edited by Curt962 2022-01-09 16:04:52)

Anyone that spends time in the Forum knows to keep the latest information on hand, and quickly accessible via  Smartdevice.   I'm ALMOST as old as Johannes, and still have no difficulty accessing needed information.  Wow!  smile

Curt

PS:  The intent of my Post was never Criticism, but rather a bit of Comic Relief, and subtle suggestion to use MY phrase of encouragement to a new user.

I did read from beginning to end, already before I bought the device. But that's a while ago now so when having to look something up it's manual (pun intended) work. There are tools do generate such TOC for an existing pdf but would be better if everyone has access to this.

8 (edited by Johannes AU 2022-01-09 16:09:39)

Muffin wrote:

It would be nice if the Table of Content where links as that would ease navigation, especially if uses a mobile phone. Even better if specific chapter/sections references in the manual where linked as well.

I use "find" function at PDF, easy and fast, may be you will enjoy it better than go back to index page and look for the chapter or page number.

Curt962 wrote:

Anyone that spends time in the Forum knows to keep the latest information on hand, and quickly accessible via  Smartdevice.   I'm ALMOST as old as Johannes, and still have no difficulty accessing needed information.  Wow!  smile

Curt

PS:  The intent of my Post was never Criticism, but rather a bit of Comic Relief, and subtle suggestion to use MY phrase of encouragement to a new user.

Curt, Ich weiß smile

So let's just Chill Out, and  let our Favorites Play!

Curt

Curt962 wrote:

So let's just Chill Out, and  let our Favorites Play!

Curt

You know, I also read the german version manual, though found some discrepancies, but I will wait for the right time to tell MC, he is too busy before Christmas, and another final update of firmware.

Yup, let's chill out and ENJOY the RME smile

Johannes AU wrote:
Muffin wrote:

I use "find" function at PDF, easy and fast, may be you will enjoy it better than go back to index page and look for the chapter or page number.

A Table of Content is there to be used because it's useful when properly detailed, like the RME manuals. Searching a PDF on a mobile phone with its small screen is generally a bad user experience. If RME where to add links in the PDF you are, of course, still free to continue searching the manual whatever way you want.

13 (edited by Curt962 2022-01-09 17:37:13)

It seems the intent of my original post has been missed entirely.

I'm very old (like Johannes) and still have no difficulty accessing information in the RME Manual.  We always did it this way.  No learning curve involved.  I do it all the time.  10mins ago in fact!

Kickin' it Ol'Skool,

Curt

14 (edited by Johannes AU 2022-01-09 17:39:03)

Muffin wrote:
Johannes AU wrote:
Muffin wrote:

A Table of Content is there to be used because it's useful when properly detailed, like the RME manuals. Searching a PDF on a mobile phone with its small screen is generally a bad user experience. If RME where to add links in the PDF you are, of course, still free to continue searching the manual whatever way you want.

I do agree and understand what you mean and want, I do not mean your request is not correct.

When I start to read updated pdf manual, I want to write some notes on it but not successful, I even try to print it out to make a hard copy something like the original one, but it keep revising .... so I live with it .....

Just wonder, when RME updated the manual, they have to print it again?

15 (edited by Curt962 2022-01-09 17:42:09)

Jeezus...

And I only wanted my Trademark "Enjoy" to be added to Pg. 4. sad

People!

Chillllllllllllll......

Enjoy Enjoy Enjoy ))))))))))))))