Topic: Mac Mini - ADI-2 Pro troubleshoot

TASCAM 122 MKIII > RME ADI-2 Pro FS R > USB/Mac M1 running Monterey

We have been running this system for a few months with no issues. Everything was working like it should. However, this morning, I could not get the AD/DA convertor to receive signal when the computer turns on. When the computer is off, I have good signal coming from my Tascam 122 MKIII into the RME ADI-2 Pro FS R. Monitoring works fine here through any output. But when the computer is switched on, it re-configures as per normal to USB Mode, however, signal then becomes non-existent.

When the computer is on, I can see the RME ADI-2 Pro FS R device in my system preferences/sound preferences. The I/O shows up fine. Just no signal… I have tried manually configuring the connectivity from Auto to Manual selection as well, this didn’t change anything. I have also tried many restarts of the entire system and the issue is still apparent.

I have the RME ADI-2 Pro FS R User guide in front of me, and have looked through forums etc for support on this issue, but had no luck finding a fix.

Any suggestions?

2 (edited by KaiS 2022-05-11 16:52:33)

Re: Mac Mini - ADI-2 Pro troubleshoot

Maybe just try Class Compliant DAC Mode for the moment.

SETUP / Device Mode/DSD / Basic Mode: DAC

It’s the most simple one, Analog In is still send to the computer for possible recording (if you need that).

I/O / Main Output 1/2 / AD/DA Source / - selects the listening source, linked for all outputs.
Nothing else to set.