Topic: A few TotalMix Routing & Control questions with my MADIface Pro

Hi all,

I realise the MADIface pro is now discontinued but, for now atleast, it is the perfect location device for me.

I have a few things I cannot work out yet and I'm hoping there is some work around for this...

In my edit suite, I am using the MADIFace to send my I/O to a seperace D/A converter via MADI. I'd love to use the rotary control on the MADIface Pro to control the volume but I cannot work out how to change what the large wheel/rotary control is controlling. At the moment it seems to only be controlling the output from AN1/2 on the unit itself.

I want it to control the 'Main' output, and 'Speaker B' output which I currently have sending to my DA unit via MADI.

Is that possible?

Further to that, I was wondering whether it is possible to use that same rotary controller to control a bank of outputs (e.g. channels 1-16) simultaniously? This is to get it to work as an Atmos/Multichannel monitor controller.

If the answer is no to the above questions, could I use an ARC USB controller and set that rotary dial to control these things?

Thanks, David

Re: A few TotalMix Routing & Control questions with my MADIface Pro

Press SHIFT and select faders to work in unison. Save to "groups/faders" to the right in main tmfx + "snapshots" . Check out "assign" in "control room". ARC settings is in "ARC USB" in tmfx settings menu. Encoder can be programmed to control main, phones 1,2, speakers B. Forgive lack of presicion, not at PC. Im in learning mode to this myself.

ADI-2 DAC, ADI-2 PRO, DigifaceUSB, UCXII, ARC, HEGEL.h80, KEF.ls50, HD650, ie400pro _,.\''/.,_

Information to your questions are given in manual chapter 5.
You could define a fader group to move several outputs together with e.g. "Main out".
ARC USB can be used for any recording interface with TotalMix FX.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Hi both, thanks so much for your replies.

I have delved deeper into the 'group' section (which was actually quite easy to setup) and I've got my output faders all linked together so they move in unison.

Ramses & Happy_amateur I am still struggling to get the rotary dial on the MADIface Pro to control the 'main' output. Rather it seems to only be controlling AN 1/2 hardware output.

There is an option in TotalMix - 'Options -> ARC & Key Command Settings' where it shows an option to change the 'default encoder settings' but it is greyd out and I cannot change it from 'Volume Main (Default)' to anything else.

Any ideas?

Thanks, David

The encoder is limited to control what is currently selected on the unit - one of the three outputs that you can toggle. The only way to control a different (here MADI) channel is to link that one within TM FX with one of those three unit ones.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks for all the help everybody!

So I’m not sure how to toggle what the rotary encoder is controlling but the workaround I’m using is to group all the outputs I want to control along with the AN 1/2 output (which I don’t use now) and their faders follow that one.

Perfect, it’s working exactly as I wanted now smile