1 (edited by vB 2022-07-10 13:41:31)

Topic: ADI-2 Pro FS routing question - tell me this works!

So, I couldn’t wait any longer for the new ADI model and ordered an ADI-2 Pro FS R, which hopefully arrives tomorrow

I had the routing clear in my head, until I browsed through the manual again a few moments ago. My plan goes like this: USB is NOT connected. Connection to the ADI will be from my Raydat via AES and SPDIF. AES feeds Out 1/2 which will be my monitors. SPDIF feeds Phones 3/4 which will be my Slate VSX (they need their separate feed, because of their modeling software). AES Out will be connected to my meter, so it should mirror AES In without any EQ or volume changes.

I thought the digital through mode would be exactly what I needed, but looking at it again, there is some sort of auto source selector for Out 1/2. As described above, AES and SPDIF will both be present at all times. Is there a way to disable auto source selection for Out 1/2?

2 (edited by KaiS 2022-07-10 15:46:35)

Re: ADI-2 Pro FS routing question - tell me this works!

vB wrote:

Is there a way to disable auto source selection for Out 1/2?

Not that I know.
You‘ll find out tomorrow.

Use a passive AES Splitter for an AES cleanfeed.
If your cables are short (< ca. 5m) a simple Y-cable does the job.

Or your meter has a Feed-Through, quite common.

Hey, thanks for your input!

Unfortunately my meter doesn’t have a through, but a Y-cable is a good (last resort) idea.
It's just that my routing needs are pretty basic, so I feel there has to be a way set it up in the ADI. But as you said, it may become all clearer when I have the device in front of me.

I finally received the ADI today. Still don‘t know if the routing works, but the sound - OMG! I am super impressed by the lows and low mids. Very controlled with great separation. Very happy so far! smile

Okay, seems the routing as described above is not possible. For whatever reason it is not possible to choose the source for Main 1/2 (it's possible for Phones 3/4).

@MC
Could we please get the possibility to either choose the Main 1/2 source in Dig Thru mode, or the option "dig out source - MainOut preFX and volume" in AD/DA mode. I am trying to get a cleanfeed for metering out of the ADI.