Topic: RME ADI 2 DAC FS no power

Hey RME Forum,

I have a problem with my RME ADI 2 DAC FS. While I was listening to music the device turned off. After that it did not turn on again. The red led does not light. Is there anything I can do to check if the device or power supply is broken? I tried other power supplies, but they were not identical to the one included.
Thank you very much for your help

with best regards.

Smithus

2 (edited by fieldstu 2022-09-09 22:52:48)

Re: RME ADI 2 DAC FS no power

if it helps

3. System Requirements
General:
 Power supply 12V DC, 1.0 A or up

6. Power Supply
In order to make operating the ADI-2 Pro as flexible as possible, the unit has a universal DC input socket, accepting voltages from 9.5 Volts up to 15 Volts.
The DC input of the ADI-2 DAC also allows for the use of a rechargeable lead-battery or LiPo instead of a power supply, for completely independent mobile operation and ground isolation. A matching connection cable (power jack 5.5 x 2.1 mm to terminals 6.3 mm) should be available from various sources.

ADI2, Digiface, ARC

3 (edited by KaiS 2022-09-10 06:37:21)

When trying other PSU‘s, very carefully watch out that it’s really DC, and for the correct polarity, or you will break ADI-2.

As marked at the back of ADI-2, PSU’s center pin is (+)

https://www.rme-usa.com/files/uploads/RME-Products/Converter/ADI-2-DAC-C.png

Thanks for the answers. I tried a siimiliar one but now i am waiting for the originial one. I just wanted to rule out that it might not be the cable after all. I hope its only the cable.
Do you have any experience what it costs when something is broken internally on the power supply?

Sorry, no.
Of course nothing within the time of warranty.

Is it AC, polarity or both that will kill the unit

ADI-2 DAC, ADI-2 PRO, DigifaceUSB, UCXII, ARC, HEGEL.h80, KEF.ls50, HD650, ie400pro _,.\''/.,_

7 (edited by Smithus 2022-09-10 10:40:54)

It was the cable from another amplifier and the center pin is +. But I was dumb. I checked the PSU with my babyface and it worked. So it is something with my unit. I hope RME can repair it. Thank you very much for your answers. That forum is so helpful everytime. smile

8 (edited by KaiS 2022-09-10 13:53:31)

Happy_amateur wrote:

Both.
AC is alternating polarity: wrong-right-wrong,...

9 (edited by Happy_amateur 2022-09-10 17:24:17)

KaiS wrote:
Happy_amateur wrote:

Both.
AC is alternating polarity: wrong-right-wrong,...

Sorry I asked this question wrong. AC adapter is obviously bad.

Will wrong DC polarity hurt the unit?

ADI-2 DAC, ADI-2 PRO, DigifaceUSB, UCXII, ARC, HEGEL.h80, KEF.ls50, HD650, ie400pro _,.\''/.,_

It will.

Cheers, Ernst

ADI-2 PRO FS R BE / ADI-2 DAC FS / some old multibit treasuers ;-)