1 (edited by domi 2022-09-11 14:13:13)

Topic: ADI-2 DAC fs is useless

This Dac, for which I paid full retail at Thomann is now a door stop.  This company will not post a driver that can be used with OS Catalina.  I had to buy a Chinese topping Dac with no problem driver instalation. RME is certainly well accepted in the pro audio world but not ready as a consummer product;  Pass the word around.

2 (edited by KaiS 2022-09-11 15:00:56)

Re: ADI-2 DAC fs is useless

domi wrote:

This company will not post a driver that can be used with OS Catalina.

ADI-2 runs in CC-Mode (Class Compliant Mode) without extra driver.

From the manual page 48:

24. General

The ADI-2 DAC is a UAC 2.0 Class Compliant device. Mac OS X has full UAC support built-in, there is no driver installation required. Connect computer and ADI-2 DAC with a USB cable. Mac OS X detects the new hardware as ADI-2 DAC (serial number).

Can reuse your Topping as door stop.

Some of these guys is just pulling our chain sad

ADI-2 DAC, ADI-2 PRO, DigifaceUSB, UCXII, ARC, HEGEL.h80, KEF.ls50, HD650, ie400pro _,.\''/.,_

4 (edited by ramses 2022-09-11 18:53:41)

Happy_amateur wrote:

Keep in mind that most people don't know much about computers and therefore have a hard time understanding what causes certain problems.

Then the RME devices cause difficulties for people who have never had to think about different audio drivers and in which cases it is best to use what.

All this is not so simple, catchy, plausible, when you are suddenly confronted with such details. Especially since other devices do not have so many functions and are not even flashable.

I wouldn't look at it too negatively. You can only educate and must show some understanding.

BR Ramses
UFX+, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1650v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub12Pro

ramses wrote:
Happy_amateur wrote:

Keep in mind that most people don't know much about computers and therefore have a hard time understanding what causes certain problems.

Then the RME devices cause difficulties for people who have never had to think about different audio drivers and in which cases it is best to use what.

All this is not so simple, catchy, plausible, when you are suddenly confronted with such details. Especially since other devices do not have so many functions and are not even flashable.

I wouldn't look at it too negatively. You can only educate and must show some understanding.

Im totally into that, really no other way to go about it, but I must say I have my suspicion from time to time.

Should I delete?

ADI-2 DAC, ADI-2 PRO, DigifaceUSB, UCXII, ARC, HEGEL.h80, KEF.ls50, HD650, ie400pro _,.\''/.,_

Happy_amateur wrote:
ramses wrote:
Happy_amateur wrote:

Im totally into that, really no other way to go about it, but I must say I have my suspicion from time to time.

Should I delete?

Either he understands now, otherwise he only discredits himself with such statements. In this respect, let it stand quietly wink

BR Ramses
UFX+, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1650v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub12Pro

domi wrote:

This Dac, for which I paid full retail at Thomann is now a door stop.  This company will not post a driver that can be used with OS Catalina.  I had to buy a Chinese topping Dac with no problem driver instalation. RME is certainly well accepted in the pro audio world but not ready as a consummer product;  Pass the word around.

I imagine the "doorstop" is the one operating this particular DAC.

domi wrote:

False, I have used it with High Sierra, Mojave, Catalina, Big Sur and Monterey. If you don't want it, please send it to me!  I could use another one...

ramses wrote:

Either he understands now, otherwise he only discredits himself with such statements. In this respect, let it stand quietly wink

+1

10 (edited by ramses 2022-09-12 18:38:43)

For completeness. I am aware that not everything runs smoothly with Apple devices (from what you can read).

But that is rather due to Apple's product policy, which makes too radical changes and then unfortunately does not have an open ear for the customers (and other companies) in any case of trouble.

Apple only seems to react, when customers and trade magazines join forces and kick them in the shins.

We had that a few years before with USB stack changes, where it “only” took 6-9 months until Apple finally moved and fixed a few things on their side. And this is only one example of quite a few.

BR Ramses