Topic: internal error usb audio disabled

the ADI-2 DAC fs,screen shows 'Internal Error USB Audio disabled' warning. It seems that it doesn't work as an USB audio device.any one help me!thanks!https://webmail30.189.cn/w2/downLoadAttachNormal.do?sid=null&messageid=200.1.l9g9Do.496b.1665977860.18925717758@100&msid=123&cid=221017113731nqlzse/20221017113731suznac.jpg

Re: internal error usb audio disabled

Contact your local dealer or distributor. The unit needs repair.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

can i fix it myself?

first the device not power,then i replaced the FPGA chip XC6SLX16  and TMS320 ,the device is power ok!but now sound outpu.usb or spdif input same.screen shows 'Internal Error USB Audio disabled'

thank you very much MC!hope you reply me.

You can't just change the FPGA and reboot. The unit needs to be initialized in the factory to work again. This is due to unavoidable hardware copy protection mechanism right within the FPGA. That re-initialization is not even expensive (sending the unit will cost more), but only if nothing else is wrong. After initialization it needs to pass the whole end-of-line test.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

ok!thank you!

hello! MC!  can I  post it to you?you just reprogram it only. i can fix other issue excpte the firmware program. I afford the divice post cost and  reprogram cost。

Are you in China? You have to send it to your local distributor, Synthax China, who will send it to RME in Hong Kong. They can do that service then.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

China is such an amazing country that normal people can replace BGA package chips with ease :-)

yes i'm in china.thank you reply me!

MC wrote:

Are you in China? You have to send it to your local distributor, Synthax China, who will send it to RME in Hong Kong. They can do that service then.

My work is repair interface and sound effects.

ning wrote:

China is such an amazing country that normal people can replace BGA package chips with ease :-)