Topic: Qestion: DSD direct playback on ESS powered RME - ADI2 PRO FS R BE

Hello everyone, greetings from a long time happy owner of RME Hammerfall and even happier owner of ADI-2 DAC (b edition, AKM 4493-powered). This is my first post, because I need an important advice.

ADI-2 DAC is perhaps one of the best devices I have ever bought. Now money is burnin' the hole in my pocket and I am aching to order RME - ADI2 PRO FS R BE but something is holding me back.

My AKM4493-powered ADI-2  DAC is capable of DSD direct.  I would like to have the same functionality with
ADI2 PRO FS R BE. The 1500 Euro question is: Can I have it?

To best of my understanding,  Y2022 ADI2 PRO FS R BE is powered by two ESS chips, not AKM 4493s.
The manuals I checked were clear that ESS chip does not provide DSD direct, however the wording left a ray of hope that DSD is not converted to PCM, but no guarantees expressed or implied. If found this to be honest and fair.

Is there any new credible information regarding ESS DSD playback  that could convince me to click buy now?
Or my only hope is to hunt for AKM4493 powered ADI2 PRO FS R BE?

Thanks in advance!

Re: Qestion: DSD direct playback on ESS powered RME - ADI2 PRO FS R BE

I don't know which manuals you checked, but it seems not the one of the ADI-2 Pro FS R BE. It still ships with AK4493 and will continue to do so.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Re: Qestion: DSD direct playback on ESS powered RME - ADI2 PRO FS R BE

@MC, Thank you for clarification. I placed the order.