Topic: ADI-2 DAC & Dirac (& Foobar): auto sample rate switching not working

So at this point I feel like I've tried everything and still fail to get automatic samplerate switching to work with Dirac and Foobar.

I've contacted Dirac support and asked from Foobar's forums but nothing seems to work. Tried with and without RME's drivers, with every possible output device from Foobar and every Dirac output https://prnt.sc/b5Dte6ZmttY3 but the sample rate just won't switch with exclusive mode, ASIO nor WASAPI. Or well ASIO switches it but then it bypasses Dirac so bye bye room correction.

Has anyone dealt with Dirac Live and Foobar per chance? It's killing me not getting it to work even though it should, even the Dirac's support is confused. Used their VST-plugin on Foobar as Dirac's guide says, but when I switch to a track that has a different sample rate than the one I'm currently sitting on, it just gives me an error "unsupported format XX-bit / XX-khz / XX-channels".

So this is my last hope, if any of you have dealt with Dirac Live (the desktop-version) and Foobar.

Re: ADI-2 DAC & Dirac (& Foobar): auto sample rate switching not working

I don't use DIRAC but I use Foobar with the ASIO output component, and a 2/4 Pro, and it switches the SR of the RME device to the file's SR just fine over USB. Sorry if not helpful, maybe it's a problem with DIRAC?

https://musicwall.app/hermetech

Yeah the Dirac here is the problem, previously without it I just used ASIO and everything worked fine. But now, even with Dirac's guide I can't seem to make it work whatever combination of settings I try.

4 (edited by KaiS 2023-01-27 15:52:54)

What if, for a moment to nail it down, you don‘t use Dirac, AND completely uninstall AND delete the RME driver?

If you play your files with any standard player, can you make SR switching work then?

Manual page 42:
To use Windows own Class Compliant drivers the RME driver has to be removed completely (for example after a firmware update). In Device Manager select the ADI-2 DAC under Sound, Video and Game Controllers, right click and choose Uninstall. In the next dialog make sure to check 'Delete the driver software for this device'. Otherwise the driver will stay within the Windows installation and gets reinstalled automatically after the next reboot.

KaiS wrote:

What if, for a moment to nail it down, you don‘t use Dirac, AND completely uninstall AND delete the RME driver?

If you play your files with any standard player, can you make SR switching work then?

Manual page 42:
To use Windows own Class Compliant drivers the RME driver has to be removed completely (for example after a firmware update). In Device Manager select the ADI-2 DAC under Sound, Video and Game Controllers, right click and choose Uninstall. In the next dialog make sure to check 'Delete the driver software for this device'. Otherwise the driver will stay within the Windows installation and gets reinstalled automatically after the next reboot.

Tried it, can't make it happen. Only ASIO manages to change my SR. Doesn't matter if I use Dirac's virtual device or not.

6 (edited by Pervasive_Silicon 2023-01-31 14:32:52)

Why don‘t you use the parametric EQ of the ADI-2 for room correction?
BTW: Did you know that Dirac only supports sampling rates up to 96kHz?

ADI-2 Pro FS R BE

7 (edited by exact 2023-01-31 14:36:34)

Pervasive_Silicon wrote:

Why don‘t you use the parametric EQ of the ADI-2 for room correction?
BTW: Did you know that Dirac only supports sampling rates up to 96kHz?

Need a few more points than five to adjust lol.

Also Dirac doesn't just do EQ, it does impulse response-correction aswell and handles EQ to more than one solid measurement point.

Also 96klhz is just fine, the problem is that it's not even changing between 44.1 and 48.