Re: RME Connector - control 12Mic, 12Mic-D and AVB Tool via network&MIDI

ramses wrote:
Potscrubber wrote:
SeanYang wrote:

Hopping the micstacy support too. I'm using one 12mic, one micstacy and two XTC at the same time. It has been furstrating when switching the control software.

Me too, as I noted above.  ADI8QS too.  Unfortunately, I wonder if these older units would need a firmware upgrade, which is not easily done on them, which is a great shame.  I'm pretty sure they need to be upgraded at a service center.

To “which is a great shame”. Come on, I think you know Micstasy and ADI-8 QS are from 2006/2007 (according to the RME archive page: https://archiv.rme-audio.de/news_archiv.php).

That is around 18 years ago! Back then, the devices were designed differently. Many things that are common today were not at that time (display, flash modules). If that annoys you, then just get the latest devices, it's not as if that doesn't exist. ;-)

Write an e-mail to RME support, they will provide you information.

Don't be such a b***h ramses.  I just expressed a mild opinion, and I didn't say I was annoyed.  My Madiface from the same era (and plenty of other devices) still gets over-the-wire firmware updates FYI.

Madiface XT, Madiface, 3x Micstasy, ADI8QS
Sequoia 17, W10 x64
https://bsound.co.nz/tools-nix

52 (edited by ramses 2024-05-12 08:20:15)

Potscrubber wrote:
ramses wrote:
Potscrubber wrote:

Me too, as I noted above.  ADI8QS too.  Unfortunately, I wonder if these older units would need a firmware upgrade, which is not easily done on them, which is a great shame.  I'm pretty sure they need to be upgraded at a service center.

To “which is a great shame”. Come on, I think you know Micstasy and ADI-8 QS are from 2006/2007 (according to the RME archive page: https://archiv.rme-audio.de/news_archiv.php).

That is around 18 years ago! Back then, the devices were designed differently. Many things that are common today were not at that time (display, flash modules). If that annoys you, then just get the latest devices, it's not as if that doesn't exist. ;-)

Don't be such a b***h ramses.  I just expressed a mild opinion, and I didn't say I was annoyed.  My Madiface from the same era (and plenty of other devices) still gets over-the-wire firmware updates FYI.

Then I just took it the wrong way. Of course I was surprised that it came from you, but sometimes you misunderstand things, that just happens with purely digital communication, that's just how it is, the curse of technology.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

ramses wrote:
Potscrubber wrote:
SeanYang wrote:

Hopping the micstacy support too. I'm using one 12mic, one micstacy and two XTC at the same time. It has been furstrating when switching the control software.

Hi ramses,

Since the RME connector support Octamic XTC by Midi Over Madi function, I assume it is not a big challange to support old devices like Micstacy and ADI8QS which already has the 'MOM' function.
I'm willing to take newly designed devices if I need more channels, but since the old guy still working and still sound good, I can't persuade myself to kill them.
As I mentioned, The problem I'm facing is running new and old devices simultaneously.

I can totally understand if this is a marketing behavior by the way.Just have expectations smile

54 (edited by GeorgeAudio 2024-08-16 11:36:36)

[Simply plug a WiFi router into the device, connect to the WiFi, and the RME Connector will automatically discover all 12Mics, 12Mic-Ds, and AVB Tools that are available.]

Hi, could you please provide a bit more explanation?

I'm trying to connect the RME Connector to my new 12Mic-D, but I'm finding it unclear.

If I connect the 12Mic-D to my MacBook via USB, can I still use the RME Connector? I tried this, but it didn’t work.

I also attempted to connect the 12Mic to a USB adapter via an Ethernet cable and then to the Mac, but that didn't work either.
( Then if I connect the ethernet to the Mac do I also need to connect the USB cable to the Mac?

Currently, I'm using my phone's hotspot for WiFi.

( Right now I don't have a WiFi router or home wifi/internet)
Do I definitely need a network router and home WiFi/internet for this to work?

I apologize if my question seems basic. I just haven’t been able to find clear information on this.

Cheers!