Re: How to turn on phantom power as a blind person?

oli77sch wrote:

So if it reports the letter "A" after the message "Phantom 1", that's perfectly fine! Even if it is not so logical...

The problem is, it reports "Out" to be "Phantom 1." So it has nothing to do with you (infact, I'm glad I didn't assign the buttons myself).

What could have happened, if I assigned the buttons myself, following what Jaws read to me, is I wouldn't have assigned the button that I wanted to be "Phantom 1." Because what it reports "out" was actually "A", what it reports "A" is the "mix" button (assumption), what it reports "B" is actually the Dim button. In short, all is a mess!!!

Lesson: if RME wrote the software code according to accessibility standards for Windows and Mac, then there wouldn't be the need for this thread.

David, it's really confusing what the screenreader reports. But I'm pretty sure it will work as desired when you load my workspace file and then use the 'A SET' button on the Babyface to switch phantom power on and off.

UCX - FF 400 - Babyface pro - Digiface USB - ADI-2 (original)
Mac mini M1 - Macbook pro - iPad Air2

oli77sch wrote:

David, it's really confusing what the screenreader reports. But I'm pretty sure it will work as desired when you load my workspace file and then use the 'A SET' button on the Babyface to switch phantom power on and off.

Thank you very much, Oli, for your help!!!

I asked my university's tech help, and he did say that a "green bar" can be seen when phantom power is turned on, and the green bar goes away when it's off. I've since saved your "A button" workspace with the phantom power off.

Did you copy the analogue 1 mix on to analogue 2? Hopefully that works.

Thank you again! smile

David