Re: Room EQ, Crossfeed, Triple SPDIF - UFX+, UFX II, UFX III, UCX II

SHIFT+TAB should move to the previous channel.

Loyal RME user since 2001
[AMD 5800X, 32Gb RAM, Win10x64, NVidia GTX1080ti, UCX+UFX, REAPER x64]

52 (edited by cupakm 2024-01-12 17:56:34)

MC wrote:

Please use the correct naming - you talk about Setups (aka device-based workspaces), not Presets (aka PEQ Preset or Room EQ Preset).

Sorry, yes I mean Setups.

I see the thread indeed starts turning into a feature request list... was meant for feedback. See the starting post:

MC wrote:

Feedback
We appreciate any feedback about the current implementation, especially things like bugs, strange behaviour or incompatibilities. Please refrain from posting wish lists with more features in this thread, just use any of the already existing threads for that.

Updated my UFX+ (Rev. A) setup today to v0.9831 with TotalMixFX 1.93 and the latest firmware. Now I'm getting this window on every system restart:

https://ttx-sound.net/foren/newer_version.jpg

RoomEQ and Crossfeed work fine, so it's definitely updated (DSP v47). Win 11 Pro, Fireface connected over USB.

54 (edited by fripholm 2024-01-12 19:08:01)

Ugh, nevermind.

Just found a newer firmware version in the first post and am now at DSP v55. The link must have been updated since my initial download a couple of days ago.

Everything's fine now. Thanks RME!

How can I get my room correction from IK Arc 3 to my main out of my UCX II? Would I need to just eq to the best of my ability to look and sound as it does in the plugin? https://ibb.co/18LBjrS

fripholm wrote:

Ugh, nevermind.

Just found a newer firmware version in the first post and am now at DSP v55. The link must have been updated since my initial download a couple of days ago.

Everything's fine now. Thanks RME!

Thanks for checking our notification feature smile

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks MC & RME for the big Update!

Updating from DK Driver 4.09 to 4.10 went flawlessly. No messages about allowing any extensions or sth like that. Perfect!

First Impression regarding the combination of TM Remote 1.40 with TM 1.93(3) - works without any problems so far.

Respect!

“Do It For Her”
My Gear: Bontempi Magic light Keyboard

58 (edited by maggie33 2024-01-14 08:37:00)

daxliniere wrote:

Speaking of naming, renaming channels is quite slow and inefficient in TMFX compared to a DAW. In my DAW, I can type the name of the first channel, then press TAB to go to the next channel, where I can type the name, then TAB again.

Can you please implement this feature in the next version of TMFX? It would save so much time during sessions.
Thank you, Matthias & co!

-Dax Liniere.
(Loyal RME user since 2001 smile )

Did you mean editing the user channel names in the Channel Layout window?
If yes, just hit ENTER, instead of TAB. Im on Mac -Didnt check this on Windows...

Just select the first row in Channel Layout, then hit Enter -> type your Channel Name -> hit Enter again -> the marked Line jumps to next channel and selects it... and so on...

“Do It For Her”

59 (edited by Manuel 2024-01-14 20:56:29)

MC wrote:

RME proudly presents:

- added the UCX II (yes!)

Perfect timing! RME just saved me over €500 and a bunch of cabling.

Just a question/suggestion: it seems Room EQ and crossfeed are not saved as part of snapshots, whereas the 3-band EQ is. It would be really good if Room EQ and crossfeed could also be included in snapshots. Thanks!

60 (edited by daxliniere 2024-01-14 21:16:05)

I think they would be saved as part of the WORKSPACE, not the snapshots.
You wouldn't want the room EQ on your monitors to change when recalling a different snapshot.

Another feature request (after the TAB/SHIFT+TAB request):
Additional speaker outputs - we currently have main and secondary, but there's no reason TMFX couldn't become a full monitor controller and allow 3 or 4 speaker outs. These could be cycled with a single button and we could get additional key commands to switch straight to a specific pair of monitors.

This would be especially handy when someone has, say, an Atmos setup plus 2 pairs of stereo monitors. Jack, you could even support a mono Auratone.

robj232 wrote:

How can I get my room correction from IK Arc 3 to my main out of my UCX II? Would I need to just eq to the best of my ability to look and sound as it does in the plugin? https://ibb.co/18LBjrS

Basically, yes. Though RME could conceivably create a tool that converts the output of, say, Room EQ Wizard to a TMFX Room EQ preset.

63 (edited by Manuel 2024-01-14 22:51:00)

daxliniere wrote:

You wouldn't want the room EQ on your monitors to change when recalling a different snapshot.

Thanks for sharing your view point. The scenario you contemplate is one where you want your Room EQ settings to be applied across all snapshots, that way if you need to make adjustments to your Room EQ you only need to do it once in one place. That said, once you've nailed your Room EQ settings, how likely are you to need to re-tweak them? Perhaps most of the tweaking only happens at the beginning while you are figuring out your room, and the the tedious work of having to update each snapshot would only happen at the beginning. Besides, it isn't really that tedious since you can use Room EQ presets.

My view point is that there are situations where users would want to store different Room EQ settings per snapshot. My case: using Room EQ as a cross-over. I use my monitors with a DIY bass shaker (similar to a SubPac). I use the Room EQ feature to implement the crossover between the monitors and the shaker and to correct the shaker frequency response, and the delay feature to time-align the sound from the monitors and the vibration from the shaker (because the vibration arrives ~15 ms late so I need to delay the monitors by that much). I use that configuration for monitoring, but for tracking the 15 ms delay is annoying so I disable the crossover (monitors full-range, no shaker) and the delay. As you can see, here each snapshot requires different Room EQ settings, and switching this stuff on an off takes a lot of clicks that would need to be performed each time I need to switch from monitoring to tracking and back. I'd rather do it all with a single click or button press if using RME ARC USB. Note that in this case I would need perform a series of repetitive steps every time I switch snapshots, forever. In your case the adjustments are more likely to be set-and-forget.

Besides, the 3-band EQ settings are saved as part of the snapshot, so why not Room EQ? Alternatively, RME could consider adding an option to include/exclude Room EQ under Preferences > Snapshots.

daxliniere wrote:

I asked a few posts above, but didn't get an answer yet...
Were you able to save the Crossfeed setting in a workspace? it seems that it isn't saved as part of a snapshot or a workspace, while Room EQ does.

Room EQ is the difference between room and speaker. Keeping the same EQ while cycling speakers doesn’t make sense.

www.analoguemastering.com

udi9 wrote:

I asked a few posts above, but didn't get an answer yet...
Were you able to save the Crossfeed setting in a workspace? it seems that it isn't saved as part of a snapshot or a workspace, while Room EQ does.

Crossfeed is saved in a workspace. Works for me.

> DK 4.10/TMFX 1.93 (3) run smoothly on Sonoma 14.2.1 (MBP M2 pro)

Same here.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

Crossfeed is saved in a workspace. Works for me.

> DK 4.10/TMFX 1.93 (3) run smoothly on Sonoma 14.2.1 (MBP M2 pro)

Same here.

Thanks for confirming, Matthias.
I deleted my saved workspaces and created them again and now it's working.

68 (edited by ploki 2024-01-16 16:05:52)

daxliniere wrote:

I'd like at least an option to do so.

I'm trying to compare my current crossover i have made with 3 band EQ to the one i made with control room, but simple A/B is impossible smile

I don't do everything by mic, so saving settings in different snapshots so i can quickly compare them in context makes it easier for me to pick which settings i prefer.

I also have different crossover settings per snapshot.
1-4 snapshots are basically woofer/mains calibration
1. no woofer
2. woofer flat, just the bass offloaded from mains
3. woofer boost
4. higher crossover + more boost (Clubbing preset for showing off and being drunk)

69 (edited by Manuel 2024-01-16 17:06:41)

ploki wrote:
daxliniere wrote:

I'd like at least an option to do so.

I'm trying to compare my current crossover i have made with 3 band EQ to the one i made with control room, but simple A/B is impossible smile

I don't do everything by mic, so saving settings in different snapshots so i can quickly compare them in context makes it easier for me to pick which settings i prefer.

I also have different crossover settings per snapshot.
1-4 snapshots are basically woofer/mains calibration
1. no woofer
2. woofer flat, just the bass offloaded from mains
3. woofer boost
4. higher crossover + more boost (Clubbing preset for showing off and being drunk)

Similar situation here.

70 (edited by daxliniere 2024-01-16 19:16:56)

Raphie wrote:

Room EQ is the difference between room and speaker. Keeping the same EQ while cycling speakers doesn’t make sense.

That is obvious, plus no one suggested that. smile

maggie33 wrote:

Did you mean editing the user channel names in the Channel Layout window?

Ahh! I had actually never used the Channel Layout window. That will be useful in future. Thanks for that.

I would, however, still love to see TAB/SHIFT+TAB in the main window.

Would it be possible to include an Uninstaller functionality either in the main installer or as a separate utility/script?

This would be most helpful when troubleshooting driver concerns. I know the Kernel removes DriverKit, and DriverKit removes Kernel, but no easy way to remove both.

Thanks!

Apple Mac Studio Max 64gb RAM, Ventura, RME UFX III, 12Mic, Pulse 16 MX, Studio One 6

MC wrote:

Current Versions

Firmwares

UFX II (HW-Rev.A): USB=26, CC=15, DSP=23
UFX II (HW-Rev.E): USB=114, CC=111, DSP=23
UFX II (HW-Rev.7): USB=206, CC=208, DSP=23

TotalMix FX Win/Mac: 1.93

where can I get these Firmware updates and Totalmix updates?

I just downloaded today on the RME webpage via download/software the most current version,  but its not the ones you mentioned above.

Best regards

Peter

pschelbert wrote:

where can I get these Firmware updates and Totalmix updates?

I just downloaded today on the RME webpage via download/software the most current version,  but its not the ones you mentioned above.

Best regards

Peter

How about the first post with all the download links?

Fireface UFX+ | Fireface UFX | Babyface Pro | 12Mic

75 (edited by pschelbert 2024-01-17 00:13:33)

yes I have just recognized that.

Flah and Totalmic 1.19 works.
Driver 0.9831 doe snot work.
Driver 0.9827 works

I posted this in the original thread (madiface).

What imay the cause that driver 0.9831 does not work.
Operating system is Win7 Pro

[Edit Mod: Doesn't belong here, continued in the other thread]

Note 17 Jan: all files in post #1 have been released on our website, links in post #1 have been updated.

TotalMix FX for iPad with Room EQ is in the works and will be available soon.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

daxliniere wrote:

I would, however, still love to see TAB/SHIFT+TAB in the main window.

Anyhow, you have 30 Quick-Workspaces, which can be fired up via osc. And the first 10 via hotkeys.

---

Seems, some people do not understand that this thread should be a bug/issue reporting. And not a wish list.
It's exhausting and unnecessarily time-consuming reading again and again off topic posts, instead of following and trying to evaluate real issues. I don't want to get too close to anyone. But sometimes, it gets annoying.

“Do It For Her”

78 (edited by Laminar_Sound 2024-01-17 17:03:39)

Successfully update my UCXII to the new kernel extension and it's working flawlessly. Room EQ and Crossfeed are incredibly useful features. Thanks so much RME for continuing to update and give us new features. This is just awesome!

iMac 24, M1, Ventura 13.5

@MC could it be possible somehow to go beyond the 42ms of delay?

Just found out. GREAT news! Will check asap and report back. Many thanks RME!

aroom wrote:

@MC could it be possible somehow to go beyond the 42ms of delay?

Yes, I hoped for this as well. The HDMI output delay on my cameras is around 100ms. I currently use the echo on TMFX set to 0.10s delay time (1.00 width and 100% mix) to sync my mixed audio with the video feed.

However, as I want to delay a full mix instead of a single input, this approach requires me to loop that mix from adat out -> adat in, in order to delay the whole mix to another output on the interface. While this works, it's a bit cumbersome, and I loose one adat I/O, that I could definitely use for other purposes.

TMFX / the interface firmware seem to allocate the available resources in a smart way. (reserving resources when enabling more processing blocks) Perhaps the smart people from RME can find a way for us to use the resources even more freely, and enable longer output delay times directly on the outputs. Perhaps turning the delay knob beyond 42ms could reserve a bigger block of RAM etc.?

I'd be fine even if enabling longer output delay would disable the echo altogether. We could choose one or the other depending on the current use case.

Fireface UFX+ | Fireface UFX | Babyface Pro | 12Mic

82 (edited by b4rth 2024-01-24 09:41:56)

b4rth wrote:

Just found out. GREAT news! Will check asap and report back. Many thanks RME!

Just runned the firmware update and the new drivers + total mix are installed smoothly. No errors whatsoever.
UFX+ via USB3 - Ryzen 7950X3D - Windows 10 22H2

TotalMixFX:
GUI -> Love the GUI improvements and the addition of higher Q values.
RoomEQ -> Works great. General questions, what type of filters have been used if I may ask?

So far no problems. Excellent update, kudos!

Is there any chance that the 1st Gen UFX will be supported at some point too? Great work by the way!

amadeus wrote:

Is there any chance that the 1st Gen UFX will be supported at some point too? Great work by the way!

This has been discussed here and unfortunately the first generation UFX doesn’t have the DSP memory required to run this new feature.

----------------
Matt McKenzie-Smith (UFXII, UFX, Babyface) MacStudioUltra OS13.2.1
----------------

Will this also come to Fireface 802 and Madiface Pro?

FF 802 not for sure, FF 802 FS probably yes.

Tested the cross-feed a bit more. The sounds differs - less highs when increasing the value towards 5. @MC - Could you perhaps tell something more about this neat new feature?

b4rth wrote:

Tested the cross-feed a bit more. The sounds differs - less highs when increasing the value towards 5. @MC - Could you perhaps tell something more about this neat new feature?

Pls check ADI-2 DAC or Pro manual … I know that it is described at least there.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

ramses wrote:
b4rth wrote:

Thanks will have a loo there @ramses!

That is direct a test issue for the UFX+ manual then :-)

ramses wrote:
b4rth wrote:

Ok just read it ramses. Here is a passage from page 17:

Details on internal settings
The Crossfeed effect is mainly defined by the filter frequency and the amount of crossfeed, here
given as damping factor:
1: 650 Hz, -13.5 dB (just a touch)
2: 650 Hz, -9.5 dB (Jan Meier emulation)
3: 700 Hz, -6 dB (Chu Moy emulation)
4: 700 Hz, -4.5 dB (30° 3 meter emulation)
5: 700 Hz, -3 dB (example how even stronger would sound)

Could it be that something is mixed up here: https://www.rme-audio.de/downloads/adi2profsr_e.pdf ?

Seems to me that the dB's are the other way around. So if you guys decide to update the manuals of the UFX+, UFXII,  UFXIII, etc -> please have a look at this (if I am right).

The crossfeed sounds very good btw.

Everything is correct.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

Everything is correct.

Thanks and good to know!

Could you perhaps point out how this works or where we all can find more info about it?

It's in the manual:

Acknowledgements
The Bauer Binaural Crossfeed effect in the ADI-2/4 Pro SE was inspired by Boris Mikhaylov’s bs2b implementation.

Google then will bring you here:
https://bs2b.sourceforge.net/

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

It's in the manual:

Acknowledgements
The Bauer Binaural Crossfeed effect in the ADI-2/4 Pro SE was inspired by Boris Mikhaylov’s bs2b implementation.

Google then will bring you here:
https://bs2b.sourceforge.net/

Thanks MC!

A bit late to the game here! But this room EQ and delay features is just what the doctored ordered. And funny enough apprx what I asked for a couple of years ago.

Way to go Matthias and team!

This is just what we need in our smaller rooms that do not have a dedicated DSP, and we can use Totalmix.
Smash, GAME

Tested as well.
Top notch features.

I have some FRs, but will post in the correct place.

Pål

Is this expected to reach UCX (not UCX II)? will an import feature be implemented from txt. (REW) or from sonarworks?

No UCX, no 802, no UFX... :-(

Kubrak wrote:

No UCX, no 802, no UFX... :-(

Mildly put: I guess there are hardware limitations... and this thread was meant primarily for bug reports.

Put less mildly: you're not going to solder new chips into an UCX. Hope nobody's going to want 2024 features running on FF400 or Digi96... its a FW update only.

I just replied the question. I know there are technical limits (DSP and/or RAM size).

UCX/UFX are old, but 802 is not that old, it has been replaced by 802 FS few months ago... So that is why I have added. :-(