Topic: Analyser Top Level "Auto" mode switches too fast

Matthias,

I love the "Auto" top level mode in DIGICheck's Analyser. But for my taste the changes happen too fast. With certain music it's not really usable with these fast changes forth and back.

Any chance to slow down the rate some seconds? Or maybe even make it user adjustable?

Re: Analyser Top Level "Auto" mode switches too fast

Any opinions on this?

I'd love to be able to watch meters from -40db to -10db, so 50, 40 and 30dB options would be great.

Auto makes me nervous even with longer time delay : )

Regards,

b.

https://granurise.com

minimalB wrote:

Auto makes me nervous even with longer time delay : )

At the moment it makes me nervous too. But with a higher delay it should be fine.

Hm, strange, for me it usually switches too slow, like staying around -50 dB when the signal is already down at -90 dB for several seconds. Sometimes I even get the impression that it wont ever switch down at all (up is no problem) and do it manually again.

Really? Matthias, what's your word on this? Would it be possible to add such an option?

Next version, soon.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Cool, thanks?!

:-)

10 (edited by Dandruff 2009-01-11 22:26:29)

Timur wrote:

Hm, strange, for me it usually switches too slow, like staying around -50 dB when the signal is already down at -90 dB for several seconds. Sometimes I even get the impression that it wont ever switch down at all (up is no problem) and do it manually again.

Ok, now I also saw this behaviour. Strange thing.

Example:

-> Host output @ -80dBFS
-> open DIGICheck

=> Analyser top level remains at 0dB forever sad