Topic: Digicheck 2 bar level meter vs surround level meter 1k sine wave-20

Hi All,
Hoping someone can shed some light onto this for me. I just tested a couple of things here at the studio. I have the surround level meter and the 2 bar level meter side by side. I'm sending a 1k sine wave from pro tools hd 192 digital at -20 dbfs to the left/right channels of the surround meter and the input 1 and 2 of the 2 bar level meter. I'm sending the exact same signal. On the 2 bar meter, it's reading as expected, -20, but on the surround level meter, it's reading -20.5. Any Idea why. I'm not sure what's going on here. A little more info. I'm using a multiface to test. I have it connected via adat light pipe. The surround level meter is monitoring 1-6 digital input and the 2 bar level meter is monitoring 7 and 8 digital input.
Thanks for the help.
Best,
Brandon

Re: Digicheck 2 bar level meter vs surround level meter 1k sine wave-20

Are all your faders in totalmix at the same level?

Mixing, Masterng, Sound Design

TotalMix will show the same deviation on its input level meters. Change the input to the same, then you will see the same level in both DC functions. That means you did something wrong in PT...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

TotalMix will show the same deviation on its input level meters. Change the input to the same, then you will see the same level in both DC functions. That means you did something wrong in PT...

Hi Matthias Carstens,
Can you check total mix? I'm fairly sure I did everything correct in PT. It just sent the same output to two different inputs on my multiface. Adat 1 and 2 for the surround meter and adat 7 and 8 for the stereo meter. The surround meter is showing -.5 dB lower. I have both meters set to input in digicheck settings. I'll double check over here tomorrow and report back as well.
Thanks,
Brandon

I think you did not understand. Set Surround and Stereo meter to the same input channels. Or simply use the Multichannel or Global Level Meter. TM has no influence on the input level so there is nothing to check for me.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

HI MC,
You a correct. I made a routing mistake it looks like. Thank you for helping me clear this up.
Best,
Brandon