Topic: RME HDSP 192kHz files under Linux

Hi all,

my aim is to play files (wav/flac) with 192kHz resolution (analog output).
The HDSP 9632 works fine under windows with all sample rates, but I have trouble to get the beast
fully running under linux (Suse11.1 - kernel 2.6.27).

I compiled latest alsa drivers (1.0.19) and all the hdsp tools (hdsploader,
hdspconfig & hdspmixer) are working (I tried firmware 153 and 154, both are working).

Up to 96kHz everything (various audio player/streamer xine, mplayer, xmms, baudline...)  works nicely.
If I set the sample clock to more than 128kHz no output is available, "more
precisely" all tools could not connect to the audio device.
I get different error messages, e.g. invalid argument: SNDCTL_DSP _Channels,
_SETFMT, _SPEED.
If I set the clock back to 96kHz everything works again.

Someone out there, who solved the problem?
Maybe I missed just a minor detail.

BTW: The files I used for testing are available here:
http://www.linnrecords.com/linn-downloa … files.aspx
I used the 24bit/96kHz and 24bit/192kHz files (decode flac 2 wav).

Many Thanks!

Daniel

Re: RME HDSP 192kHz files under Linux

Hello all
I am pretty new to Linux and I been running Ubuntu for only a month now. I been a Windows user for over 15 years now. For the most part I managed to find similar applications to Windows that can handle my everyday tasks (Firefox (internet, Open Office (MS Office), Evolution (Email), etc). But I do work with audio a lot and I upgraded my standard Ubuntu installation to Ubuntu Studio. Now the trouble is that most of the Ubuntu applications either do not have sound or crash the system.

What I learned is that just about everything in Ubuntu Studio is setup to use a connection server called Jack. Unfortunately, I don't know jack about Jack (pun intended). The Jack website didn't help much in terms of documentation either.

I believe what my issue lies is that I am using a Sound Blaster X-Fi audio card and this card will not work right with ALSA, which is what Ubuntu Studio is set up for. My audio card works with OSS.

I did a bit of reading and while most applications are configured via ALSA, it did appear that Jack could also be set up to use OSS on the hind end.

This is what I am after, because if I can get Jack to communicate through OSS to my audio card, I should be able to get everything else going using Jack.

Now for the kicker. I don't know how to reconfigure Jack so it works with OSS and my sound card and this is where I am going to need help.

So any help to get my Ubuntu Studio operational would be much appreciated.

Bluetooth Headset