101 (edited by daverogers 2008-07-27 19:08:55)

Re: DIGICHECK on Mac...

+1 Again I wont give up till you give in ahhhhh!!!!!

http://www.mixtill6records.com
http://www.djddaverogers.com

+1

Pleeeeeease????
philoton

Fireface 800, 2x RME Octamic D
MacPro 2x3GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon
MacBook Pro 2,4Ghz
Nuendo 7.1

Hi
Recently user of a Mac Pro, I have installed Digicheck on OSX with Crossover. It seems to be working ! But as my HDSPe card is momentary dead, I can't tell you that it IS working properly...

herrmann wrote:

Hi
Recently user of a Mac Pro, I have installed Digicheck on OSX with Crossover.

Hi herrman,

what?s CROSSOVER? Some sort of Bootcamp? Tell me more!

But anyway, is there any news about the Mac-Version of Digicheck from RME yet?! Maybe for Christmas?

Have a nice evening!
philoton

MacBook Pro 2,4Ghz
Nuendo 7.1

105 (edited by paviglianiti 2008-08-02 22:23:23)

hi,

http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/30730

...and some more info:

http://www.macworld.com/article/51634/2 … sover.html

Regards
Davide

Hi,

thanks for the hint. I just installed the trial version of CROSSOVER (worked flawlessly) and the DIGICHECK for Windows:
I can boot the Digicheck-Programm without a problem now on my Mac.

BUT:
Somehow Digicheck doesn?t find my fireface 800 as input/output device. In the Digicheck I/O-Dialog it doesn?t show up. So no luck... Maybe someone else has experience with that. Can I select in CROSOVER my Audio input/outpu-device?

Thanks an have a nice day
philoton

MacBook Pro 2,4Ghz
Nuendo 7.1

107 (edited by herrmann 2008-08-04 10:46:40)

Hi
Well, this is a bad news... I was really in hope that it could be work... Maybe crossover is unable to access OSX drivers.
So we really need a OSX version of Digicheck !

Guys, the current version of Digicheck requires ASIO to run. If the code to needed to make it use Core Audio isn't there, it isn't there!
I (and RME) would be very impressed if Wine could convert the ASIO code into Core Audio code - i think we would have had a Mac version a long time ago!
Although, all props to Crossover for what otherwise seems to be flawless installs of windows code.
RME sales will increase when digicheck is ready for Mac. Broadcast is waiting for it. Seems to me it should have been an earlier priority though.

... and I will retire my last PC. Digicheck is the only reason I still have it. Then i can use the Multiface driving it for something better, than just feeding some signal via lightpipe from a FF800 on the MacPro, so i can have some decent metering.

----------------
Matt McKenzie-Smith (UFXII, UFX, Babyface) MacStudioUltra OS13.2.1
----------------

110 (edited by soundshaper 2008-08-13 09:15:11)

Geez I need this so bad. Mattrixx, I'm doing something similar as well, but using VST System Link with DigiCheck on my PC. What a pain in the ass. But RME is still my choice.

Is there some kind of mailing list on which I can sign up to be notified when DigiCheck is ready for Mac?

RME HDSP 9652 | Nuendo 8 i/o | Power Mac G5 Dual 2.5 | Mac OS X 10.5.4 | Nuendo 3

Sorry to be a pain in the ass.
Matthias or Daniel, are we days away or more like weeks?

The Mac development will start some weeks from now.

best regards
Knut

Ah - still second class and low priority I see.  For all their faults, at least Steinberg understand the mac/pc issue.

Wow, it hasn't started, eh? Oh well.

I've tried running some other metering applications in Leopard, but I cannot get any of them to see audio from the channels of my 9652. Is there a secret within Core Audio or routing of some kind? Any recommendations or better ideas?

RME HDSP 9652 | Nuendo 8 i/o | Power Mac G5 Dual 2.5 | Mac OS X 10.5.4 | Nuendo 3

115 (edited by paviglianiti 2008-08-14 22:58:26)

hi, here's how to link 2 audio apps on a Mac, it's a small free app., a virtual audio interface called Soundflower. I'm posting you the link for downloading, you do the rest, it's quite easy to use.

http://mac.softpedia.com/get/Audio/Soundflower.shtml

Regards
Davide

That's cool, but how do I use one of the metering apps to meter audio from ALL apps that are sent to a pair of physical outputs on my HDSP 9652. I mean, it seems these metering apps would support Core Audio, right?

117 (edited by paviglianiti 2008-08-15 03:05:30)

ciao soundshaper,

we're a bit off-topic, but...:-D

yes, all audio apps for Mac (native and third party) rely on Core Audio, its flexibility, and its capability of working alongside other tiny useful applications.

In your metering app.'s preferences you'll surely be able to choose where it's going to receive audio from: software outputs routed through Soundflower or souncard returns...
You then just have to tell, let's say Soundflower, to send audio to the hdsp physical outs connected to yr mixer or monitors.

Trust me, Soundflower's really good for these purposes.

hope it helps

Regards
Davide

I hope DC for MAC is coming before this christmas. lol

THen we can change from PC to MAC completely soon !

greetings

Andreas

lame.

isle wrote:

lame.

That's not gonna encourage progress. Mmm

----------------
----------------

This nonsense has to be stopped so.....

+1 on my behalf

We really need this (love this) tool.

Please please pretty please - tired of begging -

Guys,

we are working on it. That's all I can say at this time.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hi MC,

Can you tell us if it will be both PPC and Intel compatible? Thanks.

We are working on Intel, but do not exclude PPC at this time. If it's not a big deal then it will be both versions.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

125 (edited by mattrixx 2008-10-13 03:01:12)

Wow Matthias... that, I was not expecting. Would be a pure bonus if it were PPC compatible too, but just the Macintel version would suffice for many I am sure. Looking forwards to it. :-)

----------------
----------------

Hello,
As a long-time RME user on Macs I'm looking forward very much to Digicheck.  We currently have somewhere in the vicinity of 14 or 15 RME interfaces in commercial operation and Digicheck will be a welcome, valuable addition.
H

Yep, considering the windows guys seem to be happy with RC1, I thinks it will be not too much longer now.:-)

:-) Hi Warrick, that sounds extremely promising... there are a few of us here eagerly waiting. Awesome news!

----------------
----------------

Also, for those of us just after good location recording there is Boom Recorder.

Recently switch to mac intel platform from Pc...  sudenly realize I'm without hand.I started to miss my old blue screen Pc...Working for movie,DC its necessery tool for me.I'm one more waiting person for this.I hope its gona be soon.Any news?Im affraid of next postproduction project without DC.Best regards.

any prospects of when we can hope for it to be released? come on guys please let us know how the development moves on!

Every day since i was told about the next realise of the mac version i check the forum and home page
looking for some news about this tool.I know that could seems stupid but  that's it.
This topic started 1 year and half ago and there were a pair of announcements declaring
the development within 2 or 3 weeks.Now as someone else said before i
start thinking at my self as a 2nd class client compared to pc users.
I didn't want to express my feeling but  it is very frustrating waiting something
that doesn't come or even not be answered when you ask for some news.
I can remember myself suggesting rme products to other people because of the rme quality
but also for the support.What happened with digicheck?
My apologies for this
Alessandro-Roma

Yes thats exactly the way I feel about this, too;-) I'm hitting this forum maybe twice a week to see if last years promised christmas present has finally arrived yet! Wasn't in in April that the news was spread, that version 5 for pc should be released and freezed at this point and that rme would work exclusively on the mac version from then on? But you guys are still working bugfixes for small (and maybe not so small - can't judge) issues on the pc version? Thats quite one of the points that make mac users feel they're treated as second class customers...

5.0 for PC is released now. So we'll get the OSX version next.

/P

I've just installed spectre by audiofileengineering.Great tool.No doubts about this company
i already had wave editor for mastering and as i bought audioleaq pro few months ago i think
i don't need digicheck anymore.About spectre i've never seen a tool like that with so many
usefull windows and 0 cpu consumption and very stable also with 20 windows opened at the same
time.Just 78$.
Alessandro-Roma

136 (edited by paviglianiti 2008-11-18 01:09:18)

Spectre ? ottimo davvero!
ciao.

Regards
Davide

Hello!
When will work DIGI Check in Mac OS?

Thank you for support.

Lo ho usato per un paio di ore davide e devo dire davvero che risponde fedelmente a tutti
i tagli di equalizzazione come i boosts.Il prezzo e' veramente ridicolo,ma questa e' la politica
che ha scelto Matthew Feust.Se pensi a wave editor offerto per la stessa cifra gia
migliore di bias-peak ed in continua implementazione.
Poi come wave editor sara' aggiornato a breve alla versione 2 e a quanto dice
feust ne vedremo delle belle.
Ciao Alessandro

bene, bene...
resto comunque curioso e in attesa anche del famigerato Digicheck per OsX.
Salutoni.

Regards
Davide

psvennevig wrote:

5.0 for PC is released now. So we'll get the OSX version next.

/P?l

its been released several months ago afaik from the sticky freds on top of the forum - but they're still fixing problems with it before the mac version is due to be released.

hey to our dear italian friends - it would be indeed very kind of you to post in english so we all can understand whats going on;-) I'm not posting in german, do I? no disrepect:-)

best regards

141 (edited by paviglianiti 2008-11-22 16:22:09)

ehm..., you're right w-indie.
Sorry for the "Babel" we created smile:):)
Anyway, our italian thread-inside-thread was concerning the quality of a software such as Audiofile "SPECTRE": it's definetely worth a try, of course while waiting for DC for OsX to be unleashed.

Regards
Davide

I had a crack with Spectre and didn't like it... seemed a bit clunky to me. Guess I've been spoilt by using DC on a separate machine. CAn't wait to dump the PC though. DC is all I use it for now.

----------------
----------------

I am waiting for Santa Matthias to hopefully bring us digicheck on mac for christmas wink

Mac Pro Early 2008 2,8 Octo 10 GB RAM, OSX 10.7.4, FF 400 (v3.08 / 1.71)

I for one, would be happy to be a part of a beta program, should one exist.
Regards,
Matt

----------------
----------------

Hi,

Yes I also like to see DC on my MBP (early 2008) :-)

regards S-EH

The Macbook Pro should arrive by the day. So yes, after all my good experience with Digicheck on PC I'd surely like to see it on OS X as soon as possible. Give me some Alpha if you must. fryingpan wink

Just relax guys. RME just started working on it. I guess it's not worth to expect anything to happen soon.

In my opinion RME has shown a rude behaviour generally regarding DIGICheck for Mac:

Giving the development of DIGICheck for Mac a higher priority would have been a nice gesture to Mac users.
Especially after the slight correction of the info on the website in June '07 RME (what took RME ten months to do): The phrase 'for Windows' was added to the heading of the DIGICheck Tech Info, as before the website didn't mention at all that DIGICheck is not available for Mac.

This info is still not given clearly on the website and the low priority (/low speed) of the DIGICheck for Mac development gives the rest.

Thinking about this issue still gives me a bad feeling therefore.

Best regards,

isle

/////////

P.S. By the way, I like my Fireface 800 and want to expand it with an ADI-8 DS soon.

LOL ... You tell us to relax and then go and give RME a hammering (no pun intended).
Yes, yes yes... we've all been relaxing! :-)

----------------
----------------

DIGICheck on Mac makes some good progress. If you want to have a first look:

https://archiv.rme-audio.de/download/dc081215.zip

Until New Years Eve we hope to have Spectral Analyser and Surround included too.

There will be no PPC version, sorry. Now that we have most of the (Intel) calculation routines implemented we know that a port to PPC would be quite cumbersome and most probably not worth the effort anymore.

You do not need to 'test' this version or report smaller problems. Just in case something completely fails please tell us.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hi,

Very nice thank you :-)

regards S-EH