Re: Mac OS X Test driver 2.65 for FF 400/800

Wait...

There's a new official 2.6.6 MacOS X Fireface Driver available for download right now, dated 12/02/2010!!!

And it's odd that there's no mention of it anywhere on RME site, besides the download section itself. Not in the news section, not in this forum/thread, not even in the driver readme file that is supposed to list all drivers changes.

Am I missing something here???

@fishbone:
http://www.rme-audio.de/forum/viewtopic.php?id=322

post #14
;-)

quattroquarti wrote:

@fishbone:
http://www.rme-audio.de/forum/viewtopic.php?id=322

post #14
;-)

Ops... guess I was missing something :-)

Thanks for the heads up, quattroquarti!

see ya

Here's a new driver that might cure the problem... Please test and report back: (Download location was temporary only, link removed - new driver here. https://archiv.rme-audio.de/download/fi … _267.zip).

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Hi Daniel,

first impressions:

- Matthias said about this driver (2.66), it would NOT cure the problem. You say it MIGHT. Is yours another subrelease with the same number?
- I just installed the file YOU linked and restarted my Mac Pro with the FF800 turned OFF.
- After boot-up, I turned the FF800 ON.
- Autostart of FF Settings and Mixer does NOT work (as always since the problems occured - autostart only works for me when the FF800 is started BEFORE the Mac).
- Testing Freeze problem NOW...

... pleasepleaseplease...

- Logic did NOT freeze on start-up. It's running in the background now.

So I'll watch this for a few days and cold starts. Maybe this is the driver to go? However, Autostart still doesn't work for me. I have to start Settings and Mixer manually.

Best regards,

Christian

RME Support wrote:

Here's a new driver that might cure the problem...

I hope I am not saying it too fast but for me... IT WORKS!!!

Notice that "New" 2.66 has different size than "old" 2.66 (which I have not installed)- so I think it is different driver.

RobR

207 (edited by Logico 2010-02-24 01:59:06)

davidwright wrote:

"Could you please try the following and confirm that this works for you:
FF startup --> Mac boot --> FF shutdown --> FF startup --> Launch Logic"

I tried this again twice yesterday and the first time it worked okay. But the second time the RM400 wasn't recognized (red light stayed one) so I had to power it off and on for it to work. Everything then seemed to be okay for an hour but then for no apparent reason, checking email and apps started to hang! Is that what happens for you Logico?

Sad to hear that. It sort of resembles my situation... As described above, when I follow this procedure Logic hangs at "Initializing Core Audio" (didn't try iTunes or else as I use the optical SPDIF for regular audio) and subsequently my whole system freezes - no clean shutdown possible (only reboot via ssh). Your experience sounds familiar...

Eagerly awaiting own tests of the fresh 2.66 driver!

FF400 v1.69/v2.71 (bus powered) | MacPro 2009/8-core/12 GB/TI | 10.6.3 (32) | Logic 9.1.1 (64)

208 (edited by RobR 2010-02-24 07:39:47)

Sorry to say that...

My FF800 woke up from sleep mode normally only once - just after new driver (2.66) was installed.
Procedure was like that:
installing 2.66-->restart-->start FF800-->start Audio apps-->OK-->switch FF800 off-->sleep mode-->wake up-->FF800 on-->start Audio Apps-->everything OK

When I finished my work I put MBP yet again in sleep mode and today I have the same old story: wake up MBP-->start FF800-->start Audio App-->system Freeze.

RobR

209 (edited by RobR 2010-02-24 08:56:17)

I have installed this driver - 2.66 "NEW":

Ok!

Thanks for your info.

Hello,

sorry for the confusion about the version number. This was just a test... cool

Just uploaded a new file with a new version number. Official download to follow.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Hello Daniel,

Please clarify: is 2.67 the same as "old" 2.66 (posted few days ago) or new "2.66" (posted yesterday). It has the same size like "old" 2.66. Or maybe it is completely new driver?

Anyway... No matter how we call it. For me "new" 2.66 did not solved the problem with freeze after wake up.
What others say?

Regards
RobR

A correctly renumbered version is now available here:

https://archiv.rme-audio.de/download/fi … 86_267.zip

This one uses a different launch agent to see if the problem is caused by that application.

Thanks for trying it.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hello Matthias,

What is going on with those drivers? I have downloaded what you call 2.67 driver (zip) but there is 2.66 folder inside and after installation there is 2.66 in FF Settings. Is that ok? What driver do I have?

RobR

MBP17"/10.6.2 + FF800(2.66/2.47)

Hello,

Small report:

1. I have installed driver called 2.67 by MC (however there is folder called 2.66 inside zip, and I can read I have 2.66 in FF Settings).
2. Woke up my MBP twice from sleep (wake up-->switch FF800 on-->open audio app-->OK-->switch FF800 off-->Sleep-->wake up...)

Looks like it works. But the same I said yesterday... Unfortunately too fast.

Call you later :-)

RobR

216 (edited by Christian Baum 2010-02-24 17:33:54)

Yep, same here: Installed yesterday's 2.66, restarted, everything worked fine.

Today: same old same old system freeze.

Just trying 2.67 (new link). Will report back.

EDIT:
- New link resulted in version 2.66 again (at least that's what "About" says).
- Restarted the Mac again.
- Turned on the FF800 again.
- Autostart of Settings and Mixer did NOT work again.
- Logic started up fine again.
- Tomorrow after cold start, it might freeze again...? We'll see... Not today, Zurg... I'm tired of this...

Best regards,

Christian

Hi!

Since i had updated to v2.65 i was not having any troubles with the driver, but i never turn my fireface off, only using sleep mode.
But i am always using the latest drivers and testing. Anyways the latest zip from MC v2.67 is also 2.66 for me (but i guess this is ok because it was already stated that its only a test).

But the 64 bit driver transition is still in full progress i guess, the midi plugin is still 32 bit, resulting the midi server to be restarted on my system. The developer team is hopefully now on the right way to fix the problems, its taking some time now (maybe too long for some of us...).

Lets hope the problems get fixed and the driver will soon be completely written for 64 bit snow leopard without any problems.

Stability is first (so first lets get rid of the problems), but the fixing takes already a few months now, and i am slowly worried on the progress on other fronts, like new driver features or the missing digicheck features on mac compared to the windows world.

Greets Urknall

Mac Pro Early 2008 2,8 Octo 10 GB RAM, OSX 10.7.4, FF 400 (v3.08 / 1.71)

Tried the new driver and the problems persist. I really thought I'd cracked it last week - 4 days of working without problems, but since the weekend its back to the same old same old..............the new drivers have made no difference at all. In fact the only thing that works is to switch the RME400 off - then my computer works fine! Sad to say but if RME don't find a fix soon I'm going to ask Digital Village for a refund and investigate another alternative - I can't (music) work like this.

Mac Pro 2 x 2.8 Quad 32GB Ram

All that we see or seem, is but a dream within a dream.

Spent all evening trying to get my computer to work - major hangs, freezes and reboots. Trying to do music is a waste of time. I therefore removed all traces of the RME400 from my system and my computer now works like a dream. Whatever the conflict is between Snow Leopard and RME drivers, it's pretty dammed major and I've come to the end of the road with messing around. I've rigged up my Quantum DBX to the Mac Pro and my genelecs - so at least I can work! I'll just wait until RME and or apple sort this mess out..........

Small Report ctd:

Yesterday after installation of 2.67 (which looks like 2.66) I could sleep/wake up my MBP many times. I have tested it during every little break in my work. But today situation was worse than ever:
I woke up computer from about 10 hours long sleep, everything was fine (safari, mail, etc.). Then I switched FF800 on - still ok. Then I tried to open audio app and system stopped respond in a minute. After restart I could not login to my computer! I have tried few times and it always came back to Login window. Switched MBP off one more time and then it started properly and now it works.

I think this was the last time I have tested new drivers. I think I will wait for confirmed solution.

Today I have got e-mail from apple with information that they will try to help RME with solving our problem.

Regards,
RobR

I agree that the situation seemed even worse with the new driver, which is why I removed all trace of RME from my system until the matter is resolved.

But today, maybe the cavalry has arrived............I too received an email from apple and have just sent them copy of recent crash reports and system profile report. Lets hope that with their input RME can resolve the problem.

Same here: Mail from Apple. BUT: My system never officially crashes - it just freezes. So I opened "Console", but couldn't find my way in there. What do I copy and send when I never get crash reports?

BTW, just starting Logic with the new drivers for the second time (first time it worked after restart, today it's a cold start of my Mac).
Geez, it just froze on me... Works fine directly after installation, and that's it... :-(

Best regards,

Christian

I think that freezes and crashes are one and the same thing - kernel panics!! What tended to happen to me was that applications would firstly hang and take ages to open - I'm talking 3 or 4 minutes - then eventually everything would freeze, requiring the Mac to be powered off. If I could get into to apple>restart or apple>shutdown I would get a major computer crash - dark screen with the text in the centre of screen, so I stopped doing that. It was also impossible to get into system utilities or activity monitor for clues. I always did the pram reset and run disc utility afterwards. The biggest difficulty is that with so many freezes/crashes, we don't know what damage is being done to the system drive. I think we end up with additional problems caused by the crashes, unrelated to the initial cause; ie the RME drive conflict. It's why I eventually sent my computer to a Mac dealer to check that memory and drives were okay (and to rule out as the cause of the problems), and to repair any damage to the system drive. It'll be interesting to see what apple come up with.

Anyway, you need to go to apple>about this mac>more info and then just select file>save as - That will save the file as MacPro spx file, mine was about 2.5 mb, and that's what you send to apple.

More detailed instruction I have got from Apple:

Here are instructions for creating an Apple System Profiler report and extracting Crash Logs:

How to create an Apple System Profiler report:
1. Select "About This Mac" from the Apple menu
2. Click the "More Info?" button
3. Select "Save?" from the "File" menu
4. Type your name in the "Export As" field
5. Select "Desktop" as the location to save the report
6. Select the "File Format" "System Profiler 4.0 (XML)"
7. Click the "Save" button

How to extract a Crash Log:
1. Open the "Console" application located in "Applications > Utilities"
2. In the sidebar, click the disclosure triangle next to the word "FILES".
  This will display the log file catalog.
3. In the sidebar, click the disclosure triangle next to "~/Library/Logs".
  This will display the user log files.
4. In the sidebar, click the disclosure triangle next to "CrashReporter".
  This will list all crash logs, and will be grouped by application
5. In the sidebar, click on the name of a crash log
  - Look for crash logs starting with "Logic"
6. Select "Save a Copy As?" from the "File" menu
7. Select "Desktop" as the location to save the report
8. Click the "Save" button

Regards,
RobR

225 (edited by weim 2010-02-26 19:38:03)

i'm tried to use 2.67 ver driver - nothing changed.
RME - pleeeease! find way to solve the problem. A lot of crashes, freezes and bug reports was sent to apple, i cant believe that nobody was read and analyzed their. Pleeeeeease!

http://ilyasobol.com

I too am truly fed up with RME drivers.  I was hopeful that 2.67 would finally fix the problem for me and Snow Leopard!  Yes, Logic 8 now initializes Core Data and seems to get into Logic without problem.  I've tried it several times from a fresh reboot and after opening and playing back a file in iTunes.

However, NOW I can't even play a 2 track (piano & vocal) in Logic 8 without it giving me a System Overload and crashing my playback.  I haven't changed a thing that used to work perfectly fine in Leopard!  I maxed my buffers from 512 to 1024.  No help there!  I turned off Airport Extreme.  No help there.  I have NO OTHER APPS RUNNING (except Finder and whatever's in the background).  No help there!

BTW, I also have a new folder which shows up when I CMD-TAB between apps... CoreMIDI.framework.  I have never seen this before.  I just leave it open... still have a problem.  If I try to Quit it... it won't go away.  I can Force Quit this folder (Not Responding), it closes and sends an error report to Apple.  Still have a problem playing back a simple two track recording with standard effects presets processing on each.

FYI:
I have my instruments and audio files loaded on the same Q-Drive using FF800 cable to my MBP Core 2 Duo with 4 Gigs of RAM.  I've never had a problem before upgrading to Snow Leopard.  I can't even play a simple session now?  I'm pissed!  I've been waiting for MONTHS for RME to get their act together and come up with a solution for this!  I cannot work like this and I am not downgrading to Leopard because RME can't get their crap together!

This is aggravating as hell and I am beyond waiting on RME to fix this.

Deafening silence... Everybody left their dead fireface home and went on holidays.

Knock! Knock!
Is anybody home? Any new drivers?

RobR

Not working, not working, not working.... Actually this latest driver seems worse. Now I get a kernel panic if the Fireface 800 is turned on before the computer, never happened before... And when I left the computer idle yesterday with Logic open the computer became unresponsive, no panic or crash, bit I couldn't quit any apps or shutdown or restart or anything. Happened again later the same day. And I NEVER put my computer to sleep. This was just Logic being open while I was away for 30 min.

Lucky me I have co-writes the whole week, let's see how it goes. Well there's always my G4 with ProTools Mix + and Logic 6 which I upgraded from...

Mac Pro 8-core (Early 2008), 6 GB RAM. Fireface 800. Logic 9.1.1, OS X 10.6.3

Did you try starting in 64 bit mode?

UFX+, FireFace 802 FS, Digiface USB
12 Mic, M1610 pro, Micstasy
MacBookPro M1
Logic Pro X

When I turn on first FF400 and then my MacPro, I get no problems.

P.

FF400 Bus powered|MacPro 2008-2,8x8core-16Gb ram|Mountain Lion 10.8.4

231 (edited by alexdouche 2010-03-03 01:33:38)

same problem here.

Macbook pro (Late 2008) Unibody 2.53 & FF400 & Snow Leopard
Firewire revision 6, I use it with External Seagate HD, which was work in Leopard 10.5 without problems.

It work only when i plug it to computer first time after reboot.

When i try to plug it after sleep, it freeze my computer, and need hot restart, which is bad for computer.
All last drivers have same problem.

Hope that RME find solution soon.

Thanks

I am so tired of rebooting every time I need to start a session. Such a mood killer. 5 months and counting. Sometimes, even if I reboot and wait a while before connecting my FF400 to do other things, I still get the same crash. Once my session starts, everything is ok. It's just a damn headache getting there.

233 (edited by quattroquarti 2010-03-03 12:37:03)

alienimplant wrote:

Sometimes, even if I reboot and wait a while before connecting my FF400 to do other things, I still get the same crash. Once my session starts, everything is ok. It's just a damn headache getting there.

It's the same here, with my Mac Pro and my FF800.
:-(

Ciao,
Marco

Hi,

scottkrk wrote:

Wasted about an hour testing 2.6.7 with iTunes and Logic 9.1. It did not solve the problem and crashed my computer several times.

Did you remove the previous driver as per instructions here?

After six months the time for denial and blaming others is well and truly over.

We've neither denied the existence of the issue, nor directly blamed others.

I suggest you identify customers who have reproducible problems and send a developer to systematically investigate and solve the problem.

In my posting #85 in this thread, I asked whether there was a user (preferrably in Germany and) with a Macbook Pro that repcoducibly shows the issue at hand, who would be willing to let us test his device. So far, no reaction, to the best of my knowledge.

scottkrk wrote:

It would appear RME has given up and outsourced FF800 Mac support to Apple.

Certainly not...

Apple is contacting  effected users and asking for data, which sounds like a better approach than RME's denial/random fix approach.

First of all, that means they are collecting data - which is not yet indicative of an exact reproducibility of the issue. Fact is, they know the intricate details of their computers a bit better than we do, and have access to a wider variety of machines for subsequent testing. Needless to add that our attempts to fix the issue are by no means "random".

After 6 months I have got into the habit of treating my FF800 like a SCSI device, remember the 90's! I know others have different problems but for me when I have the desire to do music, I power off Mac, power on FF800, power on Mac load Logic etc and I will avoid crashes.

So there is a simple and reliable workaround. Good.

If I get bit over excited and power on FF800 with the computer on, I will be 'rewarded' with a nasty unrecoverable crash, so nasty that OSX crash report can't even document it!

You could use a master/slave multiplug connection with the FF as master. So you'd switch on the Mac with the FF...

It goes without saying my next interface won't be an RME.

Sorry to hear that. But while (as I said) we are not flat out denying that this could be a driver issue, please don't rule out the possibility yet that it just might be something on Apple's side, too. Until we know, giving us the benefit of the doubt (for both) would be kind of you.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

After having the same problems with total system freezes using the 2.66 (ans older) drivers I installed the unofficial 2.67. Before that I removed the old version as told here in the forum.

Until now (4 days using Logic) I had no problems anymore with instability. Even when turning on my FF after my Mac.

It took a while for RME, but it seems to work for now.

Beeing a graphic designer I encountered loads of incompatibility of Adobe software after Apple system changes. So I do not blame a relatively small company as RME for the problems these changes might trigger. It seems that Apple is not very thorough in keeping hard- and software compatible when they ? once again ? have decided their system needs a new direction.

If Microsoft would be that ignorant the computer- and officeworld would have a lot more serious problems.

RME devices sound terrific and although I hoped for a bit quicker solution I will not stop using their stuff.

Cheers mates.

MacPro 2.66 GHz Quad Intel Xeon
8 GB 1066 MHz DDR3 Mac OS 10.6.2
FF 800
Logic 9.1.0

If Microsoft would be that ignorant the computer- and officeworld would have a lot more serious problems.

RME devices sound terrific and although I hoped for a bit quicker solution I will not stop using their stuff.

I'm impressed by your remark and agree, let's hope RME will find the reason and solution to this.

regards S-EH

I used the RME400 on Leopard without problem. So for me, (sorry if I'm stating the obvious) the conflict is clearly between the RME400 driver and Snow Leopard, or something in Snow Leopard. Like some users, I had periods where things appeared to work fine, then not.

After too many crashes and problems, I had my Mac Pro checked by an authorized Mac dealer, and upon its return to me, it was fine for a few days, then started acting up again. I eventually removed all traces of the RME400 driver last week, but then still had problems - no freezes, but applications were hanging and taking longer than they should, then one of my 4 drives inexplicably failed. So my Mac is now back with the mac dealer.

Prior to that I had given apple the information they asked for concerning the RME problem.

My reason for saying this is that the ongoing kernel panics, crashes and freezes are eventually going to cause additional problems to the computer hard drives, so that there are then numerous problems, not just the root cause, thus making whatever is causing the conflict to begin with even harder to identify. I don't know if this is something that all users experiencing problems with the RME drivers have considered? I've spent a lot of my time trying to fathom this problem and I believe that the issues my computer have had were triggered by the RME drivers in the new OS of Snow Leopard, but I don't think it's right to apportion blame on RME.

As a pro user, I find all this frustrating beyond belief. I've lost time and money over it and I want to use RME400, not anyone else's audio interface. From what I know of the complexities of Snow Leopard and from what I've seen on this forum, it appears that RME are trying to resolve what is a very complex and opaque problem brought about by the new Apple OS. However, with apple now involved, hopefully a solution will be forthcoming, sooner rather than later.

Hi,

Like the others I am waiting for solution of 2.67/10.6.2 problem. But... Whatch out! 10.6.3.is knocking at your door! :-)

Little more patience and everything will work like a dream. Still I believe in RME.

RobR

I don't know how long are you working with RME stuff... myself over than 10 years! In all this time, there was something really solid on their stuff: the drivers. As we said hundred of times, "Rock Solid". Is the first time in all that time that we're having problems,... it wouldn't be honest if we don't give them an opportunity, or two, or whatever!

Peace!

P.

FF400 Bus powered|MacPro 2008-2,8x8core-16Gb ram|Mountain Lion 10.8.4

RME Support wrote:

I suggest you identify customers who have reproducible problems and send a developer to systematically investigate and solve the problem.

In my posting #85 in this thread, I asked whether there was a user (preferrably in Germany and) with a Macbook Pro that repcoducibly shows the issue at hand, who would be willing to let us test his device. So far, no reaction, to the best of my knowledge.

As you said, to your best knowledge. I offered my help directly to Matthias Carstens via this forum's mail form. To quote you again: "so far, no reaction". Although I won't be able to ship my rig over, I offered MC to run any kind of debug driver, provide logs or even do stacktraces, etc. Have a look at my earlier postings in this thread and my test results. I can reproduce the described behavior 100%. The "only" problem being my filesystem which is in constant danger, leaving corrupt data (orphaned inodes) behind when testing...

Cheers

FF400 v1.69/v2.71 (bus powered) | MacPro 2009/8-core/12 GB/TI | 10.6.3 (32) | Logic 9.1.1 (64)

Sehr geehrter Herr Logico

You wrote a mail to me on 14 Feb, and got an answer from the main developer including debug code on 15 (yes, one day later), cc'ed to me and the support. To quote you: so far no reaction :-)

Maybe you should check your spam folders...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

242 (edited by Logico 2010-03-04 13:59:12)

MC wrote:

Sehr geehrter Herr Logico,

You wrote a mail to me on 14 Feb, and got an answer from the main developer including debug code on 15 (yes, one day later), cc'ed to me and the support. To quote you: so far no reaction :-)

Maybe you should check your spam folders...

Ooops, my apologies. However, your mail hasn't arrived yet. I'll get back to you (via mail) tonight to discuss the details.

Thanks

That was only to make sure this one is really correct (sehr dubios, IMHO). The mail had been from Martin Bjoernsen, 484 kB size (not too big).

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

That was only to make sure this one is really correct (sehr dubios, IMHO).

Well, you gotta fight spam nowadays, right...? cool

MC wrote:

The mail had been from Martin Bjoernsen, 484 kB size (not too big).

I'll get back to you directly via email tonight. Stay tuned...

Cheers

Mail sent.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hello.
As some of you, I bought a new mackbook pro running under snow leopard.
After six monthes of application crashes (both logic 8 and 9 quit almost every 20minutes) and kernel panics, I send it back to Apple, they told me the mackbook pro had no problems, every crash (even itunes or safari's one) were due to the fireface 400 drivers , even when the fireface was not plugged.
I was wondering if everyone who is running a fireface under snow leopard has the same problems of applications crashes with no reasons? or Am I the only one.

I erased my hard drive, and re-intsall snow leopard, but and I'm afraid of installing the new drivers,
Do they solve this kind of problems for anyone ?(I'm not talking about the sleep mode issue, which is not a big deal for me).

247 (edited by Eric Bradley 2010-03-07 11:19:37)

I had huge freezing problems with the 2.64 - 2.66 drivers.
The only way to avoid it was to make sure that the Fireface was on before I booted up my mac.
I was almost convinced that this was a Snow Leopard/Firewire issue that maybe would be mended when 10.6.3 arrives.
But I got tired of waiting so I decided to delete the drivers and start from scratch, with 2.67, following this instructions:

[large]Remove the RME Fireface driver and apps on Mac OS X[/large]

Just send all the files listed below to the Trash.

/Applications/Fireface Mixer
/Applications/Fireface Settings
/Library/Audio/MIDI Drivers/Fireface MIDI.plugin
/System/Library/Extensions/FirefaceAudioDriver.kext
/Users/username/Library/Preferences/Fireface folder
/Users/username/Library/Preferences/com.rme.FirefaceMixer.plist
/Users/username/Library/Preferences/com.rme.FirefaceSettings.plist

When using the new Snow Leopard driver also delete:
/Library/LaunchAgents/de.rme-audio.firefaceAgent.plist

After trashing everything I restarted my Mac and installed the new drivers.
and.... IT WORKS NOW!!!

I haven't had a single freeze in 24 hours of work.
And I started the Fireface after computer boot, even after I started Logic.
I put my computer to sleep with the Fireface still on > Woke the computer and it still works!
I put my computer to sleep with the Fireface turned off > Woke the computer turned on the Fireface and it still works!

I'm not sure this will work for everyone but it has certainly worked for me.

RME Fireface UFX
Mac Mini 2.6 GHz 16 GB Ram Areca RAID | MacBook Pro 2,2 GHz 16 GB Ram | OS 10.10.5

An Uninstaller would be nice and could possibly save from alot of confusion around the proper installation/uninstallation process. Maybe the Installer should even do a complete uninstallation by option or automatically.

Timur wrote:

An Uninstaller would be nice and could possibly save from alot of confusion around the proper installation/uninstallation process. Maybe the Installer should even do a complete uninstallation by option or automatically.

+ 500 million!!!

Macmini '19 3.2 GHz 6-Core i7, 32GB RAM, MacOS 10.15.2, LogicProX 10.4.8, FF400, UAD2 Satellite Octo

Timur

Can you confirm that 2.67 is OK if one uninstall completely any previous driver?

Regards,

RobR