301 (edited by Timur 2010-03-21 23:29:48)

Re: Mac OS X Test driver 2.65 for FF 400/800

http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.ph … tcount=306
http://www.macrumors.com/2010/02/03/aud … -mac-pros/

http://arstechnica.com/apple/news/2010/ … -audio.ars
http://arstechnica.com/apple/news/2010/ … mpaign=rss

The power/performance issues that the Apple update is supposed to fix is probably related to OS X Speedstep driver. That badly written driver causes problems since ?t least Leopard, but the combination with the new I7 based CPUs seems to be much more fatal.

Thanks Timur, I don't know if it's relevant to my problem or not, but it does coincide with something my apple tech guy commented on: that certain internal parts (don't know which precisely) on my mac pro were unusually hot. I've forwarded him the links. Thanks.

Mac Pro 2 x 2.8 Quad 32GB Ram

All that we see or seem, is but a dream within a dream.

MC wrote:

That said I did not hear about this update before, nor saw anyone using/mentioning it here:

http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1004

For what it's worth, I installed this update as soon as it became available (FYI, I got it via a regular Apple software update). It made no difference with regards to the Fireface@SnowLeopard issue (system freeze on Core Audio initialization when FF not switched on before Mac OS).

@davidwright: I suppose you don't use a 2009 Mac Pro, hence this update is not applicable to your hardware.

Cheers

FF400 v1.69/v2.71 (bus powered) | MacPro 2009/8-core/12 GB/TI | 10.6.3 (32) | Logic 9.1.1 (64)

"@davidwright: I suppose you don't use a 2009 Mac Pro, hence this update is not applicable to your hardware".

Yes, I realized that, mine is a 2008 Mac Pro. My RME400 has gone back to the UK distributor for testing, so I'll see what they have to say.

305 (edited by davidwright 2010-03-25 01:12:38)

After further problems, apparently with the RME400 audio interface last weekend, all RME drivers and files were removed and the RME hardware returned to the UK distributor Synthax for testing. Still waiting status confirmation of the unit.

The computer problems were kernel panics, spinning wheel, hanging applications, drivers not being recognized and all firewire ports on my computer ceased to function (red error message in 'an about this mac - firewire'). This was resolved by doing PRAM reset, safe boot and repair permissions. Hard drives also verified as okay.

I installed an "alternate" audio interface so that I could work on music.

My mac Pro has been performing perfectly in all ways on everything non music related, ie photo shop, aperture, mail, internet, pages etc etc.

I use my sound system in two ways: Firewire obviously connected between interface and computer. Digital connected via optical connection to a Quantum DBX with in/audio out to interface. I therefore use the DBX in conjunction with the computer's digital mode and when recording analog I use the firewire interface.

I had the firewire connected for two days without problems in digital mode. All sound worked, Logic Pro 9 in 64 bit, itunes, Toast, Peak.........everything seamless and perfect!

Until............I switched the DBX off and ran the audio interface in firewire mode to do some analog recording. After 5 minutes the drivers ceased to be recognized, system hang, kernel panic and eventually lost all firewire ports again!
I uninstalled and reinstalled drivers several times and the same thing happened.

So I did a couple of PRAM resets/safe boots and repair permissions etc as before and that seemed to solve the driver and firewire problem, all ports working. But something is clearly very wrong for this to keep happening.

So this morning I called in an electrician to test my studio electrics (which is on its own circuit) and test all the gear (which has already recently been PAT tested!). Everything is fine, no problems. So I have ruled out any faulty gear, faulty wiring or bizarre electrical behaviour. I've used several firewire cables, so its not the cables. But in any case, because we couldn't work using the main computer last night, I used my mac laptop, running the same 'alternate' drivers running Snow Leopard, the same firewire cables etc, and we worked happily for 5 hours!

So, as at 23.30 today the alternate audio firewire interface has worked "nearly" okay. I had been playing itunes before my evening break. When I came back to the studio the computer had gone to sleep and when I tried itunes again - nothing! Itunes didn't respond. Now, there were no kernel panics this time, but when I eventually turned off the audio driver and disconnected the firewire, itunes worked again. When I reconnected the firewire and audio interface the system continued to work okay.

This would appear to add weight to the sleep problem issue being more to do with "audio devices" and "mac" than a particular driver.

The other points worth mentioning are as follows: by coincidence there was an AMT8 driver update from apple early this morning and apple advised me to remove my 30" apple computer firewire connection and to disconnect my isight camera when using an audio device, both of which I have done.

Since early this evening everything is running okay and I've put the computer to sleep on a couple of occasions for 10 minutes and there have been no problems.

I'm now eagerly awaiting the return of the RME400 to see if that will now work without problem!:-)

scottkrk wrote:

So are the FF800/400 Unofficially End-of-Life Products ?

So you want an official statement on something unofficial? Doesn't make much sense to me, sorry... HeadScratch
In any case, the answer is no, FF 400 ad 800 are not EOL.

No option to add dsp cards to FF800/400.

No, sorry.

2. No plans to add the Total Mix FX mixer functionality (minus DSP of course) to the FF800/400 drivers.

Without the DSP, there is not much functionality to add.

3. No resources for supporting FF800/400 in Snow Leopard.

Can't quite follow...

New products have new features. Not every old product can be updated with all the features of new products. This is the same with cars as well as products ranging from washing machines to video cameras... Unlike with these products, the older devices don't become obsolete immediately, though.

At least with the announcement of Babyface & Total Mix FX we now know what the RME mac developers have been doing the last 7 months and why the Snow Leopard FF800/400 bugs were never taken seriously by RME, and why it has taken RME 7 months to document and hand-ball to Apple for resolution

This allegation is incorrect and we've repeatedly stated that the problem with these problems was reproducibility.

Regards,
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

307 (edited by mattrixx 2010-03-27 00:47:24)

RME Support wrote:

This allegation is incorrect and we've repeatedly stated that the problem with these problems was reproducibility.

Regards,
Daniel Fuchs
RME

I can reproduce this 'lock up' crash problem 100% everytime I turn on my 003R (Digidesign) and the Firewire bus resets. Effectively the same as turning the FF800 off and on again.  It crashes my system (MacPro 2.8 Octocore, running 10.6.2 and latest RME FF driver) every single time, unless I power everything before I boot the Mac.
In other words, I can reproduce this repeatedly... 100% of the time.  Something is up and it never used to behave like this.

Regards,
Matt

(edited: yes incorrect OS version shown.)

----------------
Matt McKenzie-Smith (UFXII, UFX, Babyface) MacStudioUltra OS13.2.1
----------------

mattrixx wrote:

... running 10.6.3 and latest RME FF driver

I hope the 10.6.3 is a typo or do you run a developer pre release of OS X and the hope that the problem is solved with 10.6.3 is also vanishing?

309 (edited by Treefingers 2010-03-26 13:57:48)

I'm not trying to be lazy, but there is a lot to read and though I've read most all of it there seems to still be a lot of conflicting information. So, can anyone please give me a simple (if possible) yes or no as to if the Fireface 800 is finally stable and working with Snow Leopard?  HeadScratch

I'm still using 10.5.8, despite having bought Snow Leopard last years sometime. Wanting to know if it's safe to make the upgrade.

Treefingers wrote:

I'm not trying to be lazy, but there is a lot to read and though I've read most all of it there seems to still be a lot of conflicting information. So, can anyone please give me a simple (if possible) yes or no as to if the Fireface 800 is finally stable and working with Snow Leopard?  HeadScratch

I'm still using 10.5.8, despite having bought Snow Leopard last years sometime. Wanting to know if it's safe to make the upgrade.

the fireface works untill you don't turn it off then on again, there, it just freezes your all sytem.

is it acceptable ? no. RME failed and they don't want to admit it. their communication is just as bad as their support.

http://www.grooveyardrecords.com/tristankleinuniversalmojo.html

Well, I've given it a long time for the situation to change and if this is the experience users are still having it's time to sell my RME gear and look for an alternative (like the Ensemble). Unfortunately, if so, that's the end of my RME purchases. I can tolerate issues from time to time, but this seems a bit extreme. Good gear that's been great to me, but this is unacceptable. No offense to anyone, but I bought my Mac Pro partially to use with Snow Leopard's features.

Daniel, you've always been helpful, what's the official status on this, if you will?

In "MY opinion it's waste of time to add the new totalmix features to the "old interfaces" like ff400 and 800. the whole concept only makes sense with the new interfaces including the additional dsp, but that's only what i am thinking.

but i agree with scottkrk, over the last half year, there were almost no updates on the driver or new features for the old interfaces and it was very quiet, now i know what the developers were doing all the time, they were busy with the updated driver for the new interface(s).

no updates for digicheck for mac also for over half a year, but on the other hand the record feature and missing features on digicheck mac were promised by mc for the end of the last year long time ago...

i personally would like now to see any progress on the digicheck for mac and the missing features in the drivers to fully support digicheck features for the firefaces instead of putting time in a fancy new totalmix with limited features on the old firefaces.

greets urknall

Mac Pro Early 2008 2,8 Octo 10 GB RAM, OSX 10.7.4, FF 400 (v3.08 / 1.71)

313 (edited by davidwright 2010-03-26 20:08:59)

I feel as though I've been bounced back and forth between RME and apple like a tennis ball over the driver issue, and I've tried to retain a logical approach to discover the cause of the problem/conflict as it relates to my studio set up. I've also been quick enough on this thread to knock the RME drivers.

However, for me the problem is now 99% confirmed to be a hardware issue on my Mac Pro! I'm having exactly the same issues with an alternate firewire audio interface, and also discovered why the problems were not reproduced by the apple technicians trying to find the faults on my computer. I discovered yesterday after exhaustive tests that my Mac Pro only functions properly; ie (bizarrely) only allows audio firewire to function without issue, with the system hard drive installed in bay 1 and the other bays empty. And the same problems were reproduced with the system drive in any of the other bays. I won't go into all the details, but suffice to say all obvious things were checked and double checked. When my mac was away for testing I removed all but the o/s drive in bay 1, thus the problem was never reproduced by the apple technicians.

I strongly suspect than when my RME returns from Synthax and my mac pro is finally repaired (or replaced) the RME will be okay. I'll post again as and when...........

scottkrk wrote:

1. No option to add dsp cards to FF800/400. (Note Metric Halo give you the option to add DSP cards to their 8 years old interfaces)

Great! For free?

best regards
Knut

tristan wrote:
Treefingers wrote:

the fireface works untill you don't turn it off then on again, there, it just freezes your all sytem.

...Or it also crashes if you turn on another connected Firewire device (forcing a reset of the bus) ie, in my case turning on a Digi 003R (different FW port, but as we all know, the various MacPro FW ports share a bus, or something to that effect)

----------------
Matt McKenzie-Smith (UFXII, UFX, Babyface) MacStudioUltra OS13.2.1
----------------

tristan wrote:

is it acceptable ? no. RME failed and they don't want to admit it. their communication is just as bad as their support.

"it" freezes your system... Agreed, Snow Leopard (or Core Audio or IOKit or RME's kernel extension) freezes, so who's to blame? Do you know for sure? The thing is a) RME drivers used to be (and most likely are still) among the most rock solid ones available and b) the introduction of Snow Leopard caused a lot of trouble for not only RME but also for a number of other hardware/driver/software vendors. Does this excuse this long standing issue? Not really! However, as MC already pointed out, the main problem is reproducibility - and I know what he's talking about. So what can you do if the parties involved (Apple and RME) are just not able to work effectively (let alone efficiently) on the problem because they simply can't reproduce the problem in a reliable way...? Their communication is bad? Didn't you just post your statement in a public forum on their website? Many companies don't even offer such direct and open way of communication because they're afraid of flamewars, justified or not. Do they reply to every single post personally? Of course not, that's why this section is called "Community"... Do they support their customers and do they (still) try to fix this genuinely embarrassing situation? You bet - at least from what I can tell. Should they work on the next generation of interfaces? I hope so, and, after all, that's their business. Does this mean all existing and (still available hardware) should be considered legacy stuff? I can't answer this but I reckon they simply can't afford to drop their existing customer base...

No offense, just my two (euro) cents HeadScratch

FF400 v1.69/v2.71 (bus powered) | MacPro 2009/8-core/12 GB/TI | 10.6.3 (32) | Logic 9.1.1 (64)

Lets be clear on one fact; forums are populated for the most part by people who are having problems with software and/or hardware, or viewed by people trying to find answers to their hardware/software issues. There are a heck of a lot of users not having problems using apple computers running snow leopard and/or RME drivers. Regrettably, they don't appear to visit forums very much. Why would they? While obviously the issues are immensely frustrating to us users that are affected, I honestly believe that if there was a fundamental problem effecting ALL RME drivers on all apple mac computers worldwide, then it would be fixed pretty dammed quick by both parties. Speaking from experience, I understand just how frustrating it can be and how opaque this issue is, and just how difficult it can be to get to the root cause.

Also no offense, that's my 2p worth!

318 (edited by Logico 2010-03-27 03:27:27)

davidwright wrote:

Lets be clear on one fact; forums are populated for the most part by people who are having problems with software and/or hardware, or viewed by people trying to find answers to their hardware/software issues. There are a heck of a lot of users not having problems using apple computers running snow leopard and/or RME drivers. Regrettably, they don't appear to visit forums very much. Why would they? While obviously the issues are immensely frustrating to us users that are affected, I honestly believe that if there was a fundamental problem effecting ALL RME drivers on all apple mac computers worldwide, then it would be fixed pretty dammed quick by both parties. Speaking from experience, I understand just how frustrating it can be and how opaque this issue is, and just how difficult it can be to get to the root cause.

Also no offense, that's my 2p worth!

None taken, and I absolutely agree with you. I'm affected by this problem myself after all. I just appreciate the facts (i.e. did you know Apple has so far failed to provide a 10.6 firewire SDK, including a debug version of their firewire interface layer for 10.6? The latest version available is still for 10.5! That makes it very hard for everyone outside Cupertino to pinpoint the culprit) and enjoy RME's superior sound quality - applying the known workaround... Alas! Finally you got a reason to shift your electricity plan to renewable energy sources cool

Cheers

319 (edited by davidwright 2010-03-27 02:31:26)

Should have made clear that I was agreeing with your post Logico. None of us can be certain what is causing our own particular "RME" problem - my experience is a case in point - I'm having the same (and some new ones!) firewire issues using another audio firewire unit after being sure it was the mac, then sure it was snow leopard, then sure it was the RME, only to find myself back at first base with what is almost certainly faulty apple hardware. My mac pro is being collected on Monday morning by apple! Not surprised at what you say about the apple firewire debug!

David and Logico, thanks for your supportive comments.

Treefingers, the official status is we are not yet 100% sure what is the cause. Before you come to conclusions, please do consider the possibility it may not be a driver issue. What exactly is it you find "unacceptable"...?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

I'm constantly having issues with the volume knob on my FF400 not being recognized.  I have to reboot multiple times before it works again.  I should note that if I don't connect the computer and use it standalone it works fine every single time.  10.6.2, latest RME drivers, happens 80% of the time at least.  3 times today ina  mixdown session I went to adjust the volume of my monitors and the knob isn't working.  I about threw this incredible sounding interface through the window.

Tarekith
http://tarekith.com

Daniel, thanks for the information. I was referring to my feelings that it is unacceptable if RME, as a company, were not focusing their utmost energies to resolving the issues plaguing Fireface 400 and 800 users. It's been like 7 months and many still seem to be having problems, often speculating that RME have only given minimal efforts to rectifying the Fireface's issues with Snow Leopard. Of course this is just speculation, but the reality is that it's obvious that the problems still persist for many. This is why I asked for an authoritative update on the official status.

Many other companies seem to have solved their similar issues, and if RME can't or rather aren't actually taking it seriously, it is that which I feel would be unacceptable. Sorry for not clarifying.

As for the possibility of driver issues not being the problem, I haven't actually installed Snow Leopard yet. Instead I've sat with the Snow Leopard box unopened on my desk in fear of installing it since so many here are having horrid issues with the same or a similar setup to mine (2008 2 x 2.8 Quadcore Mac Pro). So far I have no issues on Leopard 10.5.8 and my RME kit, so I've really been cautious and reluctant about upgrading my OS. However, I would like to move up to Snow Leopard.

Tarekith wrote:

I'm constantly having issues with the volume knob on my FF400 not being recognized.  I have to reboot multiple times before it works again.  I should note that if I don't connect the computer and use it standalone it works fine every single time.  10.6.2, latest RME drivers, happens 80% of the time at least.  3 times today ina  mixdown session I went to adjust the volume of my monitors and the knob isn't working.  I about threw this incredible sounding interface through the window.

As annoying as it may be you should wage the pros and cons here. How about Midi mapping some spare knob of one of your controllers to volume instead until the issue is resolved. wink

It's still a great sounding unit, so I'm not really going to throw it out the window.  Just frustrating that it's taking so long to get fixed.

Tarekith

Tarekith wrote:

It's still a great sounding unit, so I'm not really going to throw it out the window.  Just frustrating that it's taking so long to get fixed.

me too. unit is working, with some limitations though, but i belive it will be fixed soon.

http://ilyasobol.com

It has been lot of talking about FF400/FF800 and Snow Leopard problem.
i just want to say that I DID NOT have any problems with my FF800 before I switched to Snow Leopard, so  it can not be hardware problem in my case.
And as I could read in other posts, lot of other users had the same problem as I do.

iMac 2.93 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
4 GB 1067 MHz DD3
OSX 10.6.3

paja wrote:

i just want to say that I DID NOT have any problems with my FF800 before I switched to Snow Leopard, so  it can not be hardware problem in my case.
And as I could read in other posts, lot of other users had the same problem as I do.

Ditto.

paja wrote:

I have been running Snow all the time and it was working for me before the 10.6.2 update...

/K

SL 10.6.3 is out, maybe the guys with problems should give it a try.

Greets Urknall

330 (edited by spacecadet 2010-03-29 19:32:17)

rotfl

After Update to 10.6.3 ...... The Freeze Problem Solved .....:-)

Before 10.6.3 .... I have to power FF400 fisrt then my MBP ... and now i can power FF400 after without freeze, Crazy Sample Rate etc...

The sleep and wake problem also gone .....

Everyone got the same problem like me .... update OSX and try it ....

Good luck.
:-)

Macbook Pro, Novation Remote SL 61, PadKontrol, Access Virus TI, Jomox Xbase999, Fireface400

Going to try the update. Hope it works.

I tried the 10.6.3 update, but I still have issues with the volume knob not working.

Tarekith

Tarekith, is the Fireface Mixer running in the dock already when you try to use the knob?

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Yes.  I can control the volume with the FF mixer, and using Fn+volume keys on my keyboard, but the hardware knob is always hit or miss.  Sometimes it works fine, other times it takes 2-3 reboots before it will work again.  Some days it will work for a little while, then mid-session it's suddenly not working anymore.

If I disconnect the FF400 from my laptop and use it standalone, it works perfectly every single time, so I don't think it's a hardware issue.

Tarekith

335 (edited by spacecadet 2010-03-29 20:05:41)

I just try test my hardware knob ....it works great ....

I also try to unplug and replug FF400 several times... try logic 9.1.1 and ableton 8.1 ....no problems so far....

FF400 now works like it used to .....

I'll keep trying and update .......

Macbook Pro, Novation Remote SL 61, PadKontrol, Access Virus TI, Jomox Xbase999, Fireface400

There was a fix in the firewire protocol announced in the 10.6.3 developer build:

IOFireWireSerialBusProtocolTransport
- Resolves mounting issues with FireWire DVD drives.

i guess that fix is also in the final 10.6.3, maybe that was also affecting the fireface
on initialising, only the affected users may tell...

spacecadet wrote:

rotfl

After Update to 10.6.3 ...... The Freeze Problem Solved .....:-)

Before 10.6.3 .... I have to power FF400 fisrt then my MBP ... and now i can power FF400 after without freeze, Crazy Sample Rate etc...

The sleep and wake problem also gone .....

Everyone got the same problem like me .... update OSX and try it ....

Good luck.
:-)

At last...
Anyone with the FF800 that can confirm.?

RME Fireface UFX
Mac Mini 2.6 GHz 16 GB Ram Areca RAID | MacBook Pro 2,2 GHz 16 GB Ram | OS 10.10.5

Gonna try tonite or tomorrow around noon - depends on download bandwidth... I sincerely hope this is the solution for the FF800 as well...

BTW, had a long and interesting talk with RME staff at the Musikmesse... Very nice people and highly aware and embarassed of the problem - they just can't reproduce the problem or find the solution and are not well supported by Apple so far.

Maybe it's all gone now with 10.6.3... Just downloading...

Best regards,

Christian

339 (edited by Treefingers 2010-03-29 21:12:21)

I have a quick question. I went ahead and installed SL last night just updated it to 10.6.3. I'm about to try the Fireface for the first time with SL. However, I only see the 2.6.6 driver, but I see references to a 2.6.7 driver. Where can I find the latter? I don't see it on the main driver page, or was the 2.6.7 just a modified test driver?

I see that in a previous post, MC says that there is no difference between the 2 drivers. Then why have 2?

Yes, just use the 2.66.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Doesn't matter anyway... My system just froze again (installed 10.6.3, restarted Mac, turned on FF800 - Mixer and Settings didn't autostart, Logic froze on CoreAudio Init).

Back to square one... :-O

Best regards,

Christian

342 (edited by Treefingers 2010-03-29 22:04:13)

Right now I'm very undecided only because things can still go wrong. I went ahead and moved to SL, updated to 10.6.3, and installed the 2.6.6 driver. So, this is my first foray into using my Fireface 800 with any revision of Snow Leopard. So far everything is working great from my short tests. I hope it continues.

What I've been able to try so far.
1. I powered on the Fireface after booting the Mac. Cycled the FF off, then back on while the Mac was on.
2. I powered on the Fireface before booting the Mac. Rebooted the Mac while the FF remained on.
3. Tried the FF with Logic 9.1.1 and played various projects. Closed Logic. Cycled the FF. Restarted Logic.
3. Tried the FF with various other software: NI Maschine (latest 1.5 beta), most of NI Komplete 6. Ableton Live 8.1.1.
4. Used the Fireface to playback system audio via Itunes and Quicktime X and Quicktime 7.
5. Changed various settings in the Totalmix software.
6. Adjusted buffer settings from within various software.
7. Tried all the knobs that I could.

So far everything is working fine and I really hope it continues that way because I love this unit. The only drivers I had installed prior was the older ones for 10.5, which I removed completely by using AppCleaner and manually finding the files that was left. I really hope it continues working. I'll test all day and report back. I'm not able to work on any music right now, but I still want to leave the unit on...so I'll keep it as the system playback device and watch a movie on Netflix for now. :-)

I had 2.66 installed under 10.6.2 and installed 10.6.3 but the problem with the system freeze is still there.

I will try to uninstall 2.66 and reinstall 2.66 but I doubt that will make a difference.

I will report back.

/K

kalbinsson wrote:

I had 2.66 installed under 10.6.2 and installed 10.6.3 but the problem with the system freeze is still there.

I will try to uninstall 2.66 and reinstall 2.66 but I doubt that will make a difference.

I will report back.

/K

Just tried to uninstall - reboot - and reinstall. The problem still exist. I even tried the old 2.63 drivers but the problem still exist. This makes me real sure that it is Apple that has caused this problem because as I said before this has worked for me earlier under Leopard Snow 10.6.0 and 10.6.1

/K

hey ...

its not possible to reconect the FF400 to my mac pro 4.1 while the os is running :: result total freeze ....

i made a test ...itunes was playing ..i pulled the firewire cable from FF400 and the system switched to the internal speakers but instead to do the same in the oposite direction (connecting FF400 back again) i have got total freeze ....is it the way it should work ???? smile

apple or rme ????

MAC PRO 4.1 2.26x8 11GB / MACBOOK PRO 15" 3.1 / FF400 2.72 / SL 10.6.4

Still testing. So far no freezes or anything. Fingers crossed. Will report back tomorrow night.

After updating to 10.6.3 I had no problem yesteday. Today after wake up from sleep core audio freeze... forced hard reboot.
Macbook Pro 13" 4GB

ye wrote:

After updating to 10.6.3 I had no problem yesteday. Today after wake up from sleep core audio freeze... forced hard reboot.
Macbook Pro 13" 4GB

same thing

http://ilyasobol.com

sorry if this has been asked before, i did scan this thread briefly.
when booting to 64-bit kernel mode with the 2.66 drivers, the mixer and settings appear as 32-bit
applications in activity monitor. supposed to be that way?
everything else is working great, no freezes or crashes w/ logic 8 on 8.1 imac and ff400.

Sure, the control application and mixer GUI don't need to be 64-bit. We should make them 64, though, to avoid such questions (same in Windows) in the future... DeadHorse cool cool

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME