Re: FF400 and Windows 7 will it ever work right??????

Long time ff800 user here but new to this forum.  I've used ff800 with no issue in win XP for many years but last week I bought an HP dv6t-2109 with win 7 home premium and I got nothing but problem.  Thanks to this thread I was able to use the firewire Legacy driver to get the ff800 to work, but not completely.  As many have stated, I can only play in 16-bit 44.1khz or 48khz, and not 24-bit.  It will buzz or hang if I set the ff800 as the default device and try to play any windows media through it.  Looks like some sort media driver contention. 
This is an obvious driver issue to me.  We desperately need RME to release a driver that will work with win7.
Is there a way to submit fix request to RME engineer?

Out of the box there might be something wrong, or different.
Without going into many details, my advice would be to & go get from someone a different Video card, preferably from a different manufacturer & test.
Building DAWs with RME hardware for many years -Your symptoms fit the bill for this solution, I have seen it many times, sometimes the other way around.

Some recent ATI AND Nvidia Drivers are just plain problematic - start there.

If you have NOT tried Windows 7 32 bit, this is a good time to test, although my previous advice still stands, & is probably the solution, so you have to get this out of the way first.

Trust me when I say I did not learn to hunt this down with this solution first as easy as you do now ... give it a shot.

After reading this informative thread, I am staying well away from win7 for ooooohhh, say, 2 years.

XP still solid here with a FF400.  Am resisting temptation to upgrade the OS.  cool