Topic: FF800 drivers audio stutter and lockup?

Hey Group---
Im using the new 2.991 drivers and have noticed quite a few audio lockup when windows accesses the FF800.
For example, if Im using Sonar and internet audio streaming at the same time, it can stutter out, lock up, and i have to reboot Windows.
This happens daily, sometimes when ONLY using sonar and sometimes when using multiple sound apps. Previous drivers have worked without issue. Is anyone else noting this?

System :
winxp sp3
IE8
ff800 2.991

Re: FF800 drivers audio stutter and lockup?

I'm experiencing audio lockup when I switch applications. 

For example - if I'm using GTR3 in standalone mode, then close that application and start Sonar X1 Producer 64 bit - I get no audio.   After rebooting, Sonar works fine.  Similar symptoms occur with other applications, e.g. closing down GTR3, then upon starting BFD2, an error message appears indicating audio outputs are in use by another application. 

It's as if the ASIO driver is hanging upon application shutdown.  I'm using the latest Firewire driver and firmware for the Fireface and running Win 7 64 bit with the applications listed above. 

Any thoughts / assistance would be appreciated. 
Thanks!
Russ
Russ

That sounds like GTR3 does not free the ASIO driver correctly on shutdown - call Waves.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Matthias,
As always, thanks for the quick response.  I must say, it's impressive how you monitor this board and how quickly you respond - I don't know of another audio company that is so interactive and responsive to their client base.  Regarding my previous post - please disregard.  I tested this again and couldn't duplicate the symptoms. 

Soundsubs - When I had this issue previously as described above, it seemed to occur when I was changing audio input and output settings in various applications (mainly BFD2 in my case) - which I think contributed to the driver not being released as expected. Not surei if that's similar to your situation with internet audio streaming, however hope that helps.
Russ