Topic: Splitting ADAT to 2 Digifaces

I am currently using 2 Octamic-D's for 16 mic inputs into a Digiface, and an ADI-8 Pro for PA outputs for live FOH concert mixing.

I want to add the ability to also mix monitors, using these same Octamics.  My existing laptop isn't powerful enough to do both PA and monitor mixing.  I also want a second engineer to be able to mix monitors.

Would there be any problems using an ADAT splitter to split the ADAT outputs to a second Digiface, which would be connected to a second computer running the same mixing software, outputting to another ADI-8 (or maybe a Behringer ADA8000)?

If you don't think there would be any problems, could you recommend an ADAT splitter?  There are some very inexpensive ones, and some fairly expensive ones.  Would the cheap (Radio Shack) ones be sufficient?

Thanks,
Ira Seigel

Re: Splitting ADAT to 2 Digifaces

You already have two ADAT splitters, so to say...
Connect ADAT Mains to one Digiface and Auxes to the other...

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

RME Support wrote:

You already have two ADAT splitters, so to say...
Connect ADAT Mains to one Digiface and Auxes to the other...

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Well!   You are SO right!! Thanks!!
Ira

4 (edited by IraSeigel 2010-03-13 22:42:35)

Hello,
In this thread - http://www.rme-audio.de/forum/viewtopic.php?id=7333 - I was given some advice as to how to clock 2 Octamics, an ADI-8 Pro, and a Digiface.

Now, I have acquired a second Digiface (actually, an AudioLink/Digiset) and a second ADI-8 Pro.

I will be following Daniel's advice, and "splitting" the ADAT signal from my Octamics into this second Digiface.  From a second laptop, I'll send output from the Digiface to the second ADI-8 Pro, which will contain monitor mixes for concert performances.

My question is:  What clocking arrangement should I use for this second setup?  Is everything clocked from a "master" Digiface, or does the second Digiface/ADI setup need it's own clock?

If I haven't explained my setup clearly, please let me know and I'll try again.

Also, I've included some photos of my setup in the forum that was suggested.

Thanks,
Ira