Topic: FF800 ADAT problem and glitching - Mac OS X Snow Leopard

Hi.

I have been using my Fireface 800 alongside my Mac Pro and Logic Pro 8 for a couple of years now with no problems. Recently however, two issues have presented themselves. I cannot remember exactly when these issues began, but it is possible that they coincided with me upgrading to Snow Leopard.

1. The green ADAT 1 light intermittently flickers despite nothing being plugged into the ADAT 1 slot. When Total Mix is opened up, it can be seen (and heard) that there is an intermittent popping distortion noise on channel 13. Again, I'll reiterate that nothing at all is linked to channel 13.

2. (I don't know whether this could be related to the first problem.) When I am recording or playing back an intermittent glitchy distortion can be heard. This sometimes doesn't happen for an hour or two of constant use, but will then begin to happen every 20 seconds or so. If I turn off the machine for a few minutes it tends to be OK for a while, but then the problem returns. If the glitches happen during recording, the results can be heard on playback; although the glitch also sometimes happens during the playback of a clean recording, suggesting that somehow there is a problem with both the input and output stages.

I have tried adjusting buffer lengths etc and this makes no difference.

In an attempt to fix the problems I have updated to the latest firmware and drivers for Mac OS X, but this also seems to have made no difference.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks.

Duncan

Re: FF800 ADAT problem and glitching - Mac OS X Snow Leopard

What ADAT device have you got connected to the ADAT port? Is it slaved to the FF? Checked all your clock settings within Fireface Settings?
I am not having any of the issues you describe above.

----------------
Matt McKenzie-Smith (UFXII, UFX, Babyface) MacStudioUltra OS13.2.1
----------------

Hi. Thanks for your input. I have absolutely nothing connected to the ADAT port at the moment. Yeah, I've checked all my clocking settings (presuming it may well be something to do with this) and eerything seems to be fine...

Hello, we seem to have the exact same problem here too, nothing plugged into either ADAT in and popping on channel 13 which seems to also warp the output speed even of clean recordings and tunes played from Itunes.

Was there a solution to this?

Regards, Jim.