Topic: how to use all 8 analoginputs and outputs for Cubase external effects?

Cubase 5 allows me to set up external effects using the analog inputs and outputs.  I would like to be able to use all 8 inputs and outputs to run 8 external effects sends/returns.  When I try to do this I get feedback, and can only run 4 channels out and four channels in.  I use 1, 2, 3, 4 out and 5, 6, 7, 8 in, and that works.  How can I assign the correct matrix setting for FF800, so I can send and receive on all 8 channels?  A picture of the matrix and mixer settings would help me most.  I run a PC, Intel Core2 Quad, Intel board, 4 Gig memory, FF800 with latest updates.
Thanks,
Bern

Re: how to use all 8 analoginputs and outputs for Cubase external effects?

You should not be configuring anything in TotalMix to make this work, you are creating the feedback loop. Try Preset 1 to reset all the input faders to -infinity.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Thanks, but that did not help.  Would you post a photo of how the mixer and matrix should look to get 8 analog inputs that do not feedback with 8 analog outputs, and have Cubase play back the stereo out on SP/DIF?  I have tried many combinations but get either no signal, or get feedback.  I have been told that this would work, but I can only get 4 outputs going to 4 different inputs, not the 8 I would like to use.  I send on 1, 2, 3, 4, and return on 5, 6, 7, 8.  I have tried sending on 1 and 2, then returning on 2 and 1.  Also, sending on 1 and 2, and returning on 3 and four, then also sending on 3 and 4, then returning on 1 and 2.  I just get feedback or no signal through the effect.  Please give me directions and I will try them and report back.  So far, no luck.
Regards,
Bern

This is all done in Cubase.  Leave TotalMix at default settings.  Have you created sufficient INput and  Output Busses in Cubase for all 8 FF analogue  channels and the SPDIF channel?

Thanks, Jeff and Laurence.  All OK!
Regards,
Bern